- Digital display head, on-site display liquid level.
- Support: Analog output, Modbus output (optional)
- Explosion protection: Exd II B T5 (optional)
SI-LT Magnetostrictive level transmitter is a Digital display head type liquid level sensor. Specially designed for applications with on-site digital display requirements. Reliable measurement of continuous liquid level and interface are provided in tank level measurement. The SI-LT Level sensors with a magnetostrictive measuring principle support 4-20mA, fieldbus output. Easy installation for storage tank, like Fuel storage tank (explosion proof ).
Features of SI-LT Magnetostrictive level transmitter
- Built-in digital display head for easy observation of liquid level data;
- Absolute output without regular calibration and maintenance;
- Zero / full-scale point can be adjusted arbitrarily;
- Low power consumption design, effectively reducing system temperature drift;
- High precision, maximum 0.1mm level measurement accuracy;
- Side outlet for easy installation;
- Optional ultra-long range, up to 22m
Applications of SI-LT Magnetostrictive level transmitter
- Sensor for continuous level measurement of liquids in bypass level indicators
- Chemical and petrochemical industries, offshore
- Shipbuilding, machine building
- Power generating equipment, power plants
- Pharmaceutical, food, water treatment, environmental engineering industries
- Simultaneous Measurement of Multiple Process Conditions:
- -Product Level
- -Interface Level
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Pulp and Paper
The LT series digital display head type liquid level sensor is specially designed for applications with on-site digital display requirements.
For large-scale liquid level measurement (5-22 meters), a flexible measuring rod can be selected to avoid the difficulties caused by large-range installation and transportation.
The sensor can be directly (threaded) or mounted on the top of the tank through a flange.
The flange is equipped with a mounting position adjustment device to adjust the sensor’s mounting position within a certain range.
The outer part of the flexible measuring rod is equipped with a translucent anti-corrosion sheath to enhance the product’s resistance to corrosive environments.
The product adopts an explosion-proof enclosure (explosion-proof mark: Exd II B T5), which has more advantages in the detection of liquid levels in hazardous environments.
Technical Data of SI-LT
|Analog output||Current: 4-20mA (minimum / maximum load: 0-500Ω)|
Voltage: 0-10V (minimum load> 5KΩ)
Resolution: 16-bit D / A
|Modbus||Output signal: Modbus RTU|
|Output|| Transmission rate: 9600bps by default,|
19200 / 4800bps optional
|Hard measuring rod||100-5000mm|
|Flexible measuring rod||5000-22000mm|
|Non-linearity||<± 0.05% of full scale F.S.|
|Repeatability||<± 0.02% F.S. of full scale|
|Update frequency||10 Hz by default, frequency can be customized|
|Outlet method||Straight out of the cable|
|Input voltage||24VDC (-15 / + 20%)|
|Working current||<60mA (varies with range)|
|Insulation capacity||500V (between signal ground and case)|
|Ambient temperature||-40 ~ 85 ℃|
|Humidity / zero||90% humidity, no condensation|
|Humidity coefficient||<50ppm / ℃|
|Installation & accessories|
|Installation method||M18 * 1.5 thread, matching flange (optional)|
|Stylus structure||Rigid / flexible rod, 304L stainless steel, optional Teflon coating|
|Electronic warehouse||Anodized aluminum alloy|
|Float||304L stainless steel, optional Teflon coating|
Note 1: Different floats have different measurement blind spots at the first and last measurement ends. Please consult technical support before ordering.
Note 2: The outside diameter of the rod without temperature measurement is 10mm, and the outside diameter of the rod with temperature measurement is 12mm.
LT series digital display head type liquid level sensor can provide two types of installation: rigid measuring rod and flexible measuring rod. The maximum range can reach 22 meters. There is a Teflon protective sleeve on the outside of the measuring rod. The sensor is mounted on the ceiling through the flange. The flange is equipped with an installation position adjustment device, which can adjust the range of the sensor within a certain range. There are measurement blind areas at the beginning and end of the sensor, which need to be considered during installation.
The sensor uses low-voltage DC power supply, which is more secure in the detection of dangerous goods storage.
What is magnetostrictive level transmitter?
Magnetostrictive liquid level transmitter is a kind of liquid level sensor. But it uses the principle of magnetostrictive operation internally. And combines modern electronic technology to measure the time value between pulse waves to achieve the purpose of accurately measuring the liquid level . The magnetostrictive liquid level meter works with waveguide pulses. During the work, the measured displacement is determined by measuring the time of the start pulse and the end pulse, so the measurement accuracy is high.
How does a magnetostrictive sensor work?
- The device electronics generates a low energy current pulse at fixed intervals.
- The electrical pulses create a magnetic field which travels down a specialized wire inside the sensor tube.
- The interaction of the magnetic field around the wire and the magnetic float causes a torsional stress wave to be induced in the wire. This torsion propagates along the wire at a known velocity, from the position of the magnetic float and toward both ends of the wire.
- A patented sensing element placed in the transmitter assembly converts the received mechanical torsion into an electrical return pulse.
- The microprocessor-based electronics measures the elapsed time between the start and return pulses (Time of Flight). And converts it into a position measure-ment which is proportional to the level of the float.
Magnetostrictive level transmitter price
The price of a magnetostrictive level transmitter is determined based on the measurement conditions. Sino-Instrument is a manufacturer of magnetostrictive level gauges. We offer magnetostrictive level gauges at the right price.
1. The selection of the level gauge should be consistent with the environment of the media on the site. Including ambient temperature, pressure, vibration, shock, compatibility of structural materials and media, etc.
2. When the temperature of the measured medium is high (100 ～ 200), it is recommended to choose a probe with an outer float type and use a side flange installation. When the temperature is higher (200 ~ 300), it is recommended to choose a probe with a side-bundled type with an outer float, and install it with a side flange.
3. There are measurement dead zones at the upper and lower ends of the measuring rod of the magnetostrictive level gauge, which should be considered when selecting the range.
4. The size of the stainless steel magnetic float commonly used for level gauges is Ф45 × 56 × Ф15, and flange connection of DN50 or above is required. For the liquid level gauge with thread connection, users need to install flange or bracket.
More Technical Support
The level of the liquid medium in the container is called the liquid level. And the instrument that measures the liquid level is called the liquid level transmitter. Level transmitter is a kind of level instrument. There are two types of level transmitterss, one is continuous and the other is point-off. The continuous level transmitter is a real-time monitor of the height of the liquid in the container. The point type, which generally takes two points, high and low, and outputs an alarm signal when the medium in the container reaches these two points.The types of liquid level transmitters is very wide. Specific include: magnetic flap liquid level gauge, tuning fork vibration type, differential pressure type, pressure type. Ultrasonic, magnetostrictive liquid level gauge, magnetic flap, radar and so on.
Levels of media such as: water, viscous fluids, and fuels, or dry media such as bulk solids and powders can be measured using the transmitter.
Level measurement transmitter are used in a myriad of applications that require level measurement within containers or tanks. These transmitters often find their application in material handling, food and beverage, power, chemical, and water treatment industries.
How does a hydrostatic level sensor work? Or
How is hydrostatic pressure measured?
When considering a new level sensor for level measurement applications,
it is often hard to find information on how the different types of level sensors,
like the hydrostatic level sensors respectively hydrostatic pressure sensors, are working.
Recently, I explained level measurement by using the hydrostatic pressure measurement.
In closed geometries, such as enclosed tanks and vessels,
generally, flush pressure sensors or pressure transmitters are used,
which can be screwed into the vessel from the outside.
Pressure sensors are therefore particularly suitable,
in applications of free-standing tanks and vessels.
or a flush pressure sensor
measures the height-dependent weight-force of the liquid column,
also known as hydrostatic pressure.
This pressure measurement is directly proportional to the liquid level respectively liquid column,
at the measuring point of the pressure sensor.
It is, therefore, necessary, for the measurement of level,
that the pressure sensor is placed as close as possible to the level of the vessel’s bottom.
The measured hydrostatic pressure then directly corresponds to the height of the liquid column,
from the ground-level measurement point to the surface-level of the medium.
So, the filling height is calculated from the distance of the medium surface,
to the measuring point by the pressure measurement.
The weight force of the liquid column,
thus the hydrostatic pressure, however,
is not only directly proportional to the filling height
but also varies with the specific gravity of the medium and the force of gravity.
The liquid level (pressure/differential pressure) transmitter is a pressure signal,
measured at the reference side of atmospheric pressure (low pressure side),
with one or two ports for flange (or other connection) and process pipe connection.
On the basis of common pressure/differential pressure transmitter,
one or two isolation membrane boxes, are added to measure the liquid receiving part.
Mainly used for measuring high temperature, easy to solidify or crystallize,
containing solid suspended matter, too viscous,
corrosive or other needs to maintain sanitary conditions, non-polluting media.
More Featured Level Senors
Featured Continuous level sensors
Sino-Instrument offers over 10 level transmitters for level measurement.
About 50% of these are liquid level meters,
40% is the tank level sensor.
A wide variety of level meters options are available to you,
such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Instrument is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of level measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote