Sino-Instrument‘s Adjustable Angle Bimetal Thermometers,
are reliable and accurate temperature sensors,
requiring no electricity or wiring.
Back Connect Thermometers are ideal for local,
eye-level temperature readings in most process applications.
They can be recalibrated with a turn of the calibration screw on the back of the dial.
A variety of options are available for your specific process needs.
Features of SI-WSS Adjustable Angle Bimetal Thermometer
1.Dial can be adjusted to any position for easy viewing.
2.Made to ASME B40.3 Specifications
3.Accuracy ± 1.5% Full Scale (ASME B40.3 Grade A)
4.All Stainless Steel Construction
5.Hermetically Sealed (ASME B40.3)
6.Silicone Fillable for Vibration
7.Standard External Reset for Easy Calibration
8.OEM Logo Dials/Custom Dials
Adjustable Bimetal Thermometer Specifications:
- Accuracy: ± 1.5% Full Scale (ASME B40.3 Grade A)
- Dial Size: 63 up to 150 mm
- Dial Material:
- Anodized aluminum with black marks on satin matte finish background;
- White or Hi-Vis™ background available.
- Stem Length: 2.5 – 24″, other lengths available
- Stem Diameter: 1/4” (std)
- Head, Bezel, Mounting Bushing, Stems: 300 Series SS, 316SS (optional)
- Operating Conditions:
- The head temperature should not exceed 200°F (150°F if silicone filled).
- The stem should not be exposed to continuous temperatures exceeding 50% over-range or 800°F(550°F if silicone filled).
- Temperature Ranges: See inside back cover of temperature catalog for the complete list of ranges.
- Case Rating: IP67, NEMA 6 Rated (Hermetically sealed per ASME B40.3)
- Lens: Glass (std), Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Tempered Glass, Laminated Safety Glass
- Immersion: Minimum 2” in liquid, and 4” in gas for most ranges. Certain ranges require up to 4” in liquids & 5” in gas
- Mounting Connection: 1/2” NPT (std), 1/4” NPT, 3/4” NPT, Plain Hex Bushing, 1/2” BSPT, 1/2” NPT Union, Sanitary Tri-Clamp®
- Temperature Sensing Area: Last 2” to 4” of the stem
Thermowells should be used whenever the stem or bulb would be exposed to pressure,
corrosion, velocity, abrasion or shear forces.
Thermowells also make it possible to remove the thermometer,
without losing pressure or the contents of the process.
Drawings of SI-WSS Adjustable Angle Bimetal Thermometer
Installation and Use Procedure, All Angle Thermometer
This thermometer is designed to allow the face to be positioned,
so that it can be easily read.
Sino-Instrument recommends that the thermometer be positioned only one time,
to assure proper performance during its lifetime.
A. Carefully remove the thermometer from the shipping box.
Inspect for any shipping damage. If damaged report it to your freight carrier.
B. Loosen, but do not remove, the bracket set screws (see sketch) so that the bracket can rotate around the stem.
(Do not turn the calibration screw unless calibration is desired).
C. Rotate the bracket by hand so the stem may be flexed in the desired direction. Tighten the “A” bracket set screws.
D. Grasp the head and stem approximately were shown and adjust the head to the desired angle.
E. Tighten the “B” bracket set screws.
F. Install the thermometer into the process fitting or thermowell.
Tighten the hex screw, using an open-end wrench of the appropriate size.
Continue to tighten the hex screw until the head is facing the desired position.
Maintenance of SI-WSS Adjustable Angle Bimetal Thermometer
a) Keep the dial lens clean for proper viewing.
Clean using commercial window cleaner.
b) Periodic cleaning of residue from the stem may be required to ensure thermometer sensitivity if installed without a thermowell.
Periodic calibration should be as determined by the user.
a) Immerse the thermometer stem into a temperature-calibrated medium. Immerse entire stem or 4” (100mm) minimum.
b) Use a small open-end wrench or flat tipped screwdriver to turn the calibration screw.
Turn the calibration screw to adjust the thermometer pointer, to the correct temperature if necessary.
If you need the datasheet, price, or more information about SI-WSS Adjustable Angle Bimetal Thermometer,
Just Contact Us.