Sewage Flow Meter is an electromagnetic flow meter used to measure sewage/waste water. Also called Effluent flow meter, or wastewater flow meter.
Sewage Flow Meter application for water flow rate measurement, in those wastewater treatment industrial pipes. The water and sewage treatment industry plays an important role in providing high-quality water supply. In the water treatment process, no matter it is water inlet, transportation, drainage and other processes, the flow needs to be measured. Therefore, the choice of flowmeter is particularly important.
Sewage has the characteristics of large flow rate changes, impurities, high corrosiveness, and certain conductivity. Electromagnetic flowmeter has the advantages of wide range, simple structure, no moving parts, and can measure dirty and corrosive media. Therefore, in the sewage treatment industry, electromagnetic flowmeters are widely used. Here you can find the right sewage flow meter to measure the flow of wastewater for your application.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Magnetic Flow Meters for flow measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Features of Remote Magnetic Sewage Flow Meter
- Electromagnetic flowmeter is an instrument for measuring volumetric flow. Flow measurement is not affected by changes in fluid density, viscosity, temperature, pressure and conductivity. The sensor induced voltage signal has a linear relationship with the average flow rate, and the measurement accuracy is high.
- There are no obstructions and moving parts in the measuring tube, which will not cause additional energy loss or blockage. Therefore, the energy-saving effect is significant, and it is especially suitable for the measurement of liquid-solid two-phase flow such as sewage, mud, mineral pulp, coal water slurry, paper pulp, etc.
- The electromagnetic flowmeter has no mechanical inertia and is sensitive. It can measure instantaneous pulsating flow and has good linearity.
- Installation requirements are low. The straight pipe section required by the sensor is relatively short, generally the first 5D and the rear 3D (D is the inner diameter of the selected instrument).
- The sensor part only has the lining and the electrode in contact with the medium. As long as the electrode and the lining material are selected reasonably, it can resist corrosion and abrasion, ensuring long-term use.
- When the power is off, the EEPROM can protect the set parameters and accumulated values.
- The converter uses a low-power single-chip microcomputer to process data. It uses SMD electronic components and surface mount SMT technology. Reliable performance, high precision, low power consumption, and zero point stability. LCD display, display cumulative flow, instantaneous flow, flow rate, flow percentage and other parameters.
- It adopts multi-electrode structure with high accuracy. Equipped with ground electrode, no grounding ring is needed, which saves cost.
- The low-frequency rectangular wave excitation improves the stability of the flow. The power loss is low and the low flow rate is superior.
- Two-way measurement system. It can measure forward flow and reverse flow.
Specifications of Remote Magnetic Sewage Flow Meter
|Caliber||DN 10 ～ DN2000 (3/8″…80″)|
|Excitation method||Square wave constant current excitation|
|Installation form||One-piece flange, split flange|
|lining||Neoprene, polyurethane rubber, PTFE, F46|
|Electrode material||316L, Hc, Hb, titanium, tantalum, platinum iridium, tungsten carbide|
|Ground||Built-in ground electrode (DN25 and above)|
|level of accuracy||0.5, 1.0|
|Dielectric conductivity||＞ 5 μS/cm|
|Flow rate||≤ 10 m/s|
|Pipe connection flange||GB 81～59|
|Pipe connection||Flange connection|
|Medium temperature||Chloroprene rubber: -10℃～60℃; PTFE: -10℃～120℃|
Polyurethane rubber: -10℃～80℃; F46: -10℃～150℃
|preset pressure||4.0 MPa; 1.6 MPa; 1.0 MPa|
|Protection level||IP65; IP68|
|output signal||4mA ～ 20mA DC current; pulse/frequency; upper and lower limit alarm|
|Cable interface||M20×1.5 internal thread|
|Communication||RS 485 communication protocol (modbus protocol)|
RS 232 communication protocol (optional)
|Display||Instantaneous flow, alarm display, percentage, flow rate, forward and reverse cumulative flow and total cumulative|
|power supply||220V AC, 24V DC, 3.6 V battery power supply|
|Use type||Ordinary type, waterproof type|
|High pressure||custom made|
Read more about: Digital Water Flow Meters
Electromagnetic Flow Meter for Sewage
According to the situation of the wastewater treatment site, there are two general wastewater discharge methods. One is to discharge through pipes, and the other is to discharge through ditches. The two types of flow meters selected are therefore different.
1.Waste water is used for pipeline discharge, and most of them choose electromagnetic flowmeter to measure. Because there are no obstructions in the sensor, there is no fear of debris in the medium.
But need to pay attention to the medium must be full. If the pipe is not full, a pipe must be used to lead a section of the sinking pipe to ensure that the flowmeter is in a full pipe.
Note that the electromagnetic flowmeter cannot be installed at the drain of the pipeline, and the length of the straight pipe must meet the requirements of the flowmeter.
Extended Reading: Guide: Magnetic Flowmeter Installation
2.Wastewater is used for ditch discharge, mostly using ultrasonic open channel flow meters.
A measuring groove is installed at the discharge port, and an ultrasonic probe is installed directly above the groove. In this way, the flow of wastewater flowing through can be measured. This instrument generally uses 24V power supply, output: 4-20MA.
When selecting the electromagnetic flowmeter for waste water, it is necessary to know the temperature of the medium, the pressure of the medium, the flow range of the medium, the composition of the medium, the power supply requirements, and the on-site installation requirements. The key point of the selection is to choose which product to measure well. The second is to consider the convenience of installation, operation and maintenance. Finally, the product price can be considered.
Read more about: Sewage flow meters|Waste water measurement
Wastewater/Sewage Flow Meter Calibration
A flow meter’s deviation from the standard can be measured in two ways: with a master meter or by weighing mass flow.
Master meters are calibrated to peak accuracy by specified, accredited laboratories.
These labs are ones that are certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Subsequently, this means that flow meters. Which are calibrated to master meter accuracy in such a lab will be backed by NIST certification and traceability.
The second method of flow meter calibration involves weighing the amount of fluid that flows through the meter, during the calibration procedure. This is typically done using a supremely accurate weigh scale, which must also be approved by NIST.
This method is often regarded as the most accurate way to measure the volume of flow.
Flow meters can also be calibrated in the field, also known as “wet” calibration.
However, this method is frequently scrutinized because it lacks the involvement of national standards.
Additionally, field calibrations are usually not an option in most applications. Because challenging an installed flowmeter with a given volume of water is just not practical.
You may like:
Featured Sewage Flow Meters
Sino-Inst offer over 20 Sewage flow meters, with Best Price.
A wide variety of Sewage Flow Meters options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
About 13% of these are magnetic flow meter, 14% are Insertion Magnetic Flow Meter, 25% are Venturi flow meter, 13% are Handheld ultrasonic flow meter, and others are Liquid Turbine Flow Meters.
Sino-Inst is Sewage Flow Meters suppliers, located in China. Sewage Flow Meters products are most popular in North America, Mid East, and Eastern Europe. The United States, and India, which export 99%, 1%, and 1% of ultrasonic level transmitter respectively.
Request a Quote
Wu Peng, born in 1980, is a highly respected and accomplished male engineer with extensive experience in the field of automation. With over 20 years of industry experience, Wu has made significant contributions to both academia and engineering projects.
Throughout his career, Wu Peng has participated in numerous national and international engineering projects. Some of his most notable projects include the development of an intelligent control system for oil refineries, the design of a cutting-edge distributed control system for petrochemical plants, and the optimization of control algorithms for natural gas pipelines.