Steam Vortex Flow Meters are designed for accurate,
cost-effective mass flow measurement of saturated steam.
The standard loop powered version of the vortex flow meter,
is equipped with the internal temperature compensation required for direct mass flow measurement.
Steam Vortex Flow Meter is provided with a 4-20mA analog output for flow rate,
pulse output for totalization and a built-in user interface and display.
The standard loop-powered meter also includes HART.
Optional versions are available with internal pressure compensation, multiple analog outputs,
and BACnet or MODBUS serial communications.
Features of Steam Flow Meters
- The sensor measuring probe is packaged in a special process and can withstand high temperatures up to 350 ° C
- The sensitive component is sealed in the probe body, the detecting component does not contact the measuring medium, and the service life is long.
- The sensor adopts compensation design to improve the shock resistance of the instrument.
- Simple structure, no moving parts, high durability
- The measurement is not affected by the temperature, pressure and viscosity of the medium within the specified Reynolds number range.
- The flowmeter can be used in explosion-proof applications with good safety.
- Width range up to 10:1 15:1
- Versatile, measuring unclean gases and liquids
- Four technical parameters
- Ambient temperature: (-40 ~ 55) ° C;
- Relative humidity: (5 ~ 90)%;
- Atmospheric pressure: (86-106) Kpa
- Nominal diameter: (15 ~ 1500) mm (more than 200mm is a plug-in structure);
- Measuring medium: liquid, gas, steam;
- Nominal pressure: 1.6Mpa 2.5Mpa 4.0Mpa
- Medium temperature: (-40 ~ +350) ° C;
- Accuracy level: 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5;
- Linearity: ≤±1.5%;
- Repeatability: ≤0.5%, ≤1.0%;
- Output signal: voltage pulse;
- (4 to 20) mA DC (two-wire system);
- Power supply: voltage pulse 12V DC or 24V DC;
- Current type 24V DC
- Smart Current Type 24V DC
- Smart battery type 3.6V DC
- Load resistance: The load resistance does not exceed 350Ω.
- Body material: 304 stainless steel
- Connection method: (15 ~ 300) mm flange card-mounted structure or flange-connected structure;
- (200 ~ 1500) mm is a plug-in structure;
- Protection level: IP65, IP67;
- Cable interface: PG10
- Explosion-proof type: intrinsically safe type; explosion-proof type
- Explosion-proof mark: iaIICT6; dIIBT4
What is the principle of vortex flow meter?
Or, How steam flow is measured?
How is the steam flow rate calculated?
The basic principle of the intelligent vortex flowmeter,
is the Karman vortex street principle, that is,
“the vortex separation frequency is proportional to the flow velocity”.
The diameter of the flowmeter body is basically the same as the nominal diameter of the meter.
The axis of the cylinder is perpendicular to the flow direction of the measured medium,
and the bottom surface greets the fluid.
When the measured medium flows through the cylinder,
Vortex is alternately generated on both sides of the column,
and the vortex is continuously generated and separated.
In the downstream of the column, two rows of vortices,
namely “vortex street”, are formed.
Theoretical analysis and experiments have shown,
that the frequency of vortex separation is proportional to the flow rate of the column side medium.
f=(sr*V)/dIn the formula:
F── the frequency of the vortex separation of the column side (Hz);
V── column side flow rate (m/s);
D── the width of the cylinder facing surface (m);
Sr ─ Strauhal number.
It is a constant that is substantially independent of fluid properties,
and flow rate depending on the shape of the cross-section of the cylinder.
Know more about Steam Flow Meters
Provides Direct Mass Flow Measurement for Saturated Steam
The use of a precision platinum RTD coupled with,
and the ability to perform complex density calculations,
allow the vortex flow meter to provide a direct mass flow measurement,
without the need for a separate mass flow calculator.
When correctly installed,
the mass flow measurement accuracy,
for saturated steam exceeds 1.5% of reading in the most common pipe sizes.
Simple Installation and Commissioning
Loop powered design simplifies wiring and signal processing.
Additionally, each vortex flow meter is factory programmed and ready for use upon delivery.
The built-in user interface provides access to all programming functions,
including a comprehensive self-diagnostic capability.
This self-diagnostic capability is a useful tool for identifying common installation problems.
State-of-the-Art Vortex Flow Sensing
Is achieved by using a two-stage bluff body/sensor design,
that enhances signal sensitivity and extends the operating range of the meter.
Sensors are located behind the bluff body
and are better protected from pressure shocks and water hammer.
Advanced Signal Processing Enhances Accuracy
Every vortex flow meter is supplied with advanced filtering algorithms.
These algorithms allow the meter to establish continuous real-time norms,
for signal strength and quality.
Sudden changes to the anticipated strength or quality of the incoming signal,
is rejected as noise.
More signal processing cancels out the effect of common mode noise.
Common mode noise is the type of noise most often associated with vibration in the piping system.
Individually Calibrated and Programmed for Each Application
Every vortex flow meter undergoes a multi-point calibration.
Besides, each meter is individually programmed,
using application specific data supplied by the customer.
Sino-Instrument is a well-known Exporter, Supplier,
Trader and Service Provider of Flow Measurement Instrument,
Our presented products are used in commercial places for various purposes.
These products are extremely admired in the market due to their reliable performance,
compact design, sturdy nature, easy to fit, longer operational life,
low maintenance and low prices.