Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter uses the principle of measuring the transit time of ultrasonic waves in the pipeline. Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter is an ideal choice for various gas measurements.
The gas ultrasonic flowmeter is suitable for blast furnace gas, converter gas, coke oven gas, mixed gas, gas, compressed air, chlorine, nitrogen and other industrial gases. Suitable for large-caliber gas measurement, suitable for low flow rate, pulsating flow gas measurement. It has the advantages of not being affected by gas components, dirt resistance, fast response, wide range, high precision, good stability, and less maintenance.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of flow meters for flow measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter Introduction
The ultrasonic gas flow meter is designed and manufactured according to the national standard GB/T-18604-2014 and the verification regulation JJG-1030-2007 using the principle of ultrasonic time difference method. Also refer to the US AGA8/AGA9/AGA10 report. Various performance indicators have reached the international advanced level of gas measurement.
Compared with traditional flow meters, gas ultrasonic flow meters have no pressure loss, strong anti-interference ability, wide range ratio, can measure small flow, can measure bidirectional flow and pulsating flow, and have the characteristics of being independent of gas composition. It is a new type of flow meter with excellent performance.
Features and advantages of Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter
- Suitable for multi-component metering. Gas flow measurement is not affected by changes in composition.
- It can measure small flow and solve the problem of low flow gas measurement.
- Large turndown ratio meets the measurement requirements of high flow rate and low flow rate.
- Pulsating flow can be measured.
- It can be measured in both directions.
- Can measure dirty gas containing impurities and moisture;
- Corrosion resistant, can measure corrosive gas flow.
- It can be installed online and maintained online.
- It adopts industrial design and the flowmeter has no moving parts. No pressure loss, reducing product use and maintenance costs.
- It adopts all-metal transducer, which is resistant to dirt and corrosion. With a unique algorithm, it can ensure the gas flow measurement in the dirty medium.
- Supports intelligent alarms such as pressure, temperature, flow, and ultrasonic signals. It can realize the early warning of the ultrasonic transducer before maintenance is required. Reduce maintenance frequency. Reduce maintenance costs.
- Visual waveform display, menu-based instrument interface. It is convenient to use and debug the instrument.
Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter Applications
- Gas (coke oven gas, blast furnace gas, converter gas, producer gas, blue coal gas) and other gases measurement;
- Gas measurement of biogas, bio-fermentation gas, biomass gas, landfill gas, aeration of water treatment plants, etc.;
- Measurement of exhaust gases such as flare gas, flue gas, exhaust gas, exhaust gas, tail gas, etc.;
- Measurement of non-corrosive gases such as air, oxygen, nitrogen, argon, helium, etc.;
- Metering of natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, coal bed methane, oil and gas, mine gas, wellhead gas and other gases;
- Metering of chemical gases such as hydrogen, acetylene and ammonia;
Read more about: Liquid Ultrasonic flow meters types & technical guide
Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter Measuring principle
The ultrasonic flowmeter is realized by measuring the propagation time of ultrasonic waves in the pipeline. The gas flow rate is obtained by the flow velocity, the cross-sectional area of the pipe and the Reynolds number.
Ultrasonic flow meters use the sound wave propagation velocity method to measure the flow rate by calculating the time difference. Assuming: the sound velocity when the fluid is at rest is c, and the fluid velocity is v, then the propagation velocity in the forward flow is c+vcosθ, and the propagation velocity in the reverse flow is c-vcosθ.
Set up two ultrasonic generators (also receivers) T1 and T2 in the fluid, the distance between T1 and T2 is L, the time from T1 to T2 is t1, the time from T2 to T1 is t2, and the diameter is D , The angle between the ultrasonic transmission axis and the central axis is θ, and the time difference between the forward and reverse directions is △t=t2-t1.
L: Ultrasonic sensor distance
C: Speed of sound
V: average flow velocity
θ: Ultrasonic transmission shaft and measuring tube
The angle of the central axis
t1: Ultrasonic propagation time (downstream)
t2: Ultrasonic transmission time (backflow)
A: Cross-sectional area
K: correction factor
According to the above settings:
Suppose the travel time in the forward direction is t1, and the travel time in the reverse direction is t2.
Take the reciprocal of its propagation time as the difference, namely:
Can eliminate the speed of sound term C:
The “reciprocal difference of propagation time” method with superior repeatability: it is not affected by changes in the speed of sound (temperature), the measurement object is only time, and there is almost no change in year-round use.
Flow rate is related to fluid velocity and cross-sectional area:
Flow rate = velocity * cross-sectional area
After correction by the flow correction coefficient, the flow can be calculated as follows:
Sino-Inst’s Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter offer reliable and accurate volume flow measurement in a large range of sizes and pressure rating while being fully compliant with international standards.
Sino-Inst is the risk-free choice for your gas flow measurement applications.
Sino-Inst’s Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter, made in China, Having good Quality, With better price. Our flow measurement instruments are widely used in China, India, Pakistan, US, and other countries.
Request a Quote
Wu Peng, born in 1980, is a highly respected and accomplished male engineer with extensive experience in the field of automation. With over 20 years of industry experience, Wu has made significant contributions to both academia and engineering projects.
Throughout his career, Wu Peng has participated in numerous national and international engineering projects. Some of his most notable projects include the development of an intelligent control system for oil refineries, the design of a cutting-edge distributed control system for petrochemical plants, and the optimization of control algorithms for natural gas pipelines.