Portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator allows you to conveniently detect the level of liquid available in a container /cylinder/pipe/tank. Ultrasonic principle, Non-contact.
Portable ultrasonic liquid level indicator is best choice for tanks or pipes level measurement. It is designed to measure the presence or absence of liquid at a certain height position in a tank or in pipelines. Non-contact ultrasonic detection technology. SI-ML works perfect for detection of dangerous toxic or corrosive liquids. Under ordinary conditions, the maximum wall thickness of measurable containers is 30mm. The product is suitable for the detection of various types of liquids. Liquids are non-crystalline or other particulate matter. For example CO2 Tank. Thanks to non-contact detection technology, this level indicator is ideal for detecting hazardous toxic or corrosive liquids.
Please feel free to contact us for Techinical Support, or Request a quote for Portable ultrasonic liquid level indicators (customization available).
Features of Portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator
SI-ML Portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator is mainly used for liquid level detection of various tanks and pipes.
Detect the storage capacity of fire extinguishing agent storage containers in gas fire extinguishing systems (eg, original Indo-European, haloalkane, CO2, etc.). Measure the presence of liquid level in a cylinder or container at a certain height position, such as haloalkane, CO2, etc. It can also indicate the presence of a liquid level in the container.
The material of the measurable container can be various metals, glass or non-foam. And the measurable wall thickness is usually not less than 30mm. This measurement technique is not affected by factors such as medium density, dielectric constant, electrical conductivity, reflection coefficient, pressure, temperature, sediment, and so on.
The product can be used to detect all liquids that do not crystallize and contain no particulate matter. Because it uses non-contact detection, it is ideal for fire detection of toxic and corrosive hazardous liquids and acceptance testing of gas fire suppression systems.
- No contact with medium
- Suitable for toxic, corrosive, orinvasive medium
- No need for drilling or welding on tank wall
- Advanced ultrasonic sensor technology
- Reliable measurement results
- Easy and convenientt ooperate and maintain
- Ultrasonic adaptive detection algorithm.
- High-contrast OLED color display, suitable for outdoor use under strong light.
- Newly added ultrasonic waveform display function facilitates parameter testing, waveform comparison and other functions to ensure measurement accuracy in complex situations
- Gooduser interface design
- The comprehensive software displays the measurement results, and the method is simple
Working principle of Portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator
The portable ultrasonic cylinder liquid level indicator couples high-frequency ultrasonic pulses generated by the sensor to the outer wall of the container. An ultrasonic signal is then returned from the container wall. Different media attenuate the received ultrasonic signals differently. The received reflected wave generates an electrical signal. The magnitude of the electrical signal can be displayed by the digital value of the LCD on the panel, and the LED corresponding to the liquid level is lit.
Different sensors have different sensitive devices. When measuring, different containers and different liquids will produce slightly different readings, so this reading is not absolute. But the same thing is that when the sensors are connected to the respective inside and outside of the container, the reading of the level indicator will change significantly. In this way, you can determine whether there is liquid at a certain height position in the container by changing the indicator on the instrument and the value displayed on the LCD.
How to use Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator ?
Operation Guide for Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator:
Structure of Portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator
Applications of Portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicator
- Liquid level detection of dangerous chemicals in storage tank
- Liquid level detection for CO2 storage tank of the fire fighting system in the off shore drilling platform
- Liquid level detection in common tank
Note: Usable for calibration of liquid level meter
Portable ultrasonic liquid level indicator for Co2
Co2 cylinder specifications (external diameter division):
The CO2 cylinders measured by this meter are divided into the following 4 specifications: 215mm-225mm diameter cylinders. 270mm-280mm diameter cylinders. 345mm-355mm diameter cylinders. 395mm-405mm diameter cylinders. There are no excessive requirements for the height of the medium and the tank.
If you need to purchase liquid level gauge for CO2 Cylinders, you may like:
Co2 cylinder measurement operation:
- Select “co2 cylinder”-“Choose a suitable cylinder diameter” through the menu and enter the measurement interface.
- Hold the probe vertically and tightly on the tank, and press the <Measure> button to measure.
- Measurement results are based on measurement parameters and level indicator lights (red is “no liquid”, green is “with liquid”)
- Generally, the measurement is started from the bottom of the storage tank (measurement with liquid position). If the measurement parameter is> = 2, the current level is considered to be a liquid-free position. And <2 is considered to be a liquid level. if it is floating around 2, It is considered that the liquid level of the horizontal plane is approaching the liquid surface (usually about 5 cm).
- Take multiple points on the same horizontal plane for measurement. And take the result with the highest probability as the final result (avoid the interference of welds and unknown factors).
- Find the liquid level position step by step through the approximation measurement.
Co2 cylinder measurement Note:
Due to the irregular shape of the air outlet and the many welding kits on the top of the carbon dioxide cylinder, the bottom and top measurement results are invalid. (If the fuel tank is full, the top is usually empty).
What is ultrasonic level measurement?
Ultrasonic liquid level measurement is non-contact liquid level measurement. Commonly used for non-contact liquid level measurement. Such as tank level, river level, etc.
Based on the principle of ultrasonic time difference, the ultrasonic liquid level sensor is used to complete the ultrasonic liquid level measurement.
How does an ultrasonic level transmitter work?
To put it simply, the ultrasonic wave sent by the ultrasonic sensor hits the bottom of the tank or the liquid surface vertically. The sensor then receives the reflected return signal. The time difference between one trip and one trip back and forth. Through intelligent calculation inside the instrument. The calculation formula is as follows: h = H-v * t / 2. Where: h is the required liquid level height. H is the distance between the ultrasonic probe and the bottom of the container. v is the speed of ultrasonic sound. t is the ultrasonic propagation time. It can be seen that the measurement accuracy of liquid level depends on the measurement accuracy of ultrasonic sound velocity v and ultrasonic propagation time t.
How does water level sensor work?
The water level sensor is an essential component. If not repaired or replaced, a sensor can become damaged over time and fail entirely. Too much water can cause a malfunction and too little water means inadequate water pressure. Either way, repairing or replacing holding tanks is an expensive task you shouldn’t have to undertake because of sub-par sensors.
With Sino-Inst’s water tank level sensors, there’s nothing to break down or rust and our models have a 99% success rate!
In case you encounter any problems with the product, please call us and we will immediately replace or repair it for you for free.
Read more about our water tank level sensors and control systems.
How does a level transmitter work?
There are 7 main types of level transmitters that Sino-Inst offers. Each type of transmitter works in a different way, and makes it useful for different types of processes.
Capacitance Level Transmitters
Hydrostatic Level Transmitters
Magnetic Level Transmitters
Radar Fill Level Transmitters
Ultrasonic Level Transmitter
Guided Microwave Level Transmitters
Magnetostrictive Liquid Level Transmitters
Other Non-Contact Level Measurement
Sino-Inst offers Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicators for tank level indicate. Portable co2 bottle liquid level gauge uses ultrasonic non-contact measurement technology. Detect and display the presence or absence of the Co2 cylinder liquid level.
The Digital portable Ultrasonic Liquid Level Indicators are designed to offer a simple, accurate, rapid and reliable method. Determining the liquid level of high or low pressure CO2, Halon, FM200, Propane, Novec 1230 and any liquefied gas under pressure. No need to move or weigh the cylinders.
Request a Quote
Go to the full page to view and submit the form.