Ultrasonic flow measurement, industrial inline flow measurement.
Ultrasonic flow meters, using the ultrasonic principle, measure the velocity of flow.
We can use a different type of ultrasonic flow meters, like: Portable ultrasonic flow meter, Handheld ultrasonic flow meter, Clamp-on Ultrasonic Gas Flow Meter.
For airflow, natural gas, water, velocity measurement. There are two types of ultrasonic flow meter technologies: Doppler shift and transit-time. Transit-time measures the time differential between signals sent upstream and downstream.
The differential is directly proportional to the velocity of the water.
Transit-time meters are best used for measuring the flow of clean liquids and, as a result, are the most popular type of ultrasonic meter.
Doppler shift measures the difference in frequency of the sound wave, reflected off gas bubbles or particles in the flow stream, and is suitable for aerated or dirty liquids.
Guess You’ll Like:
Products for Ultrasonic Flow Meters solutions
Specifications of Ultrasonic Flowmeters
Principle and parameters
Transit-time,4 byte floating-point operation in accordance with IEEE754
Inline type:flow meter:±0.5%; heat meter:±1.0%
Clamp on type:flow meter:±1.0%; heat meter:±2.0%
Insertion type:flow meter:±1.0%; heat meter:±2.0%
4-key manipulation with magnetic bar touch or figer touch;
simulation keyboard software
One way 4-20mA analog output
One way OCT pulse signal output
One way Relay output
3 way 4-20mA analog input,accuracy:0.1%;
Acquisition signal of temperature,press and liquid level
Achieve heat measurement by connecting 3-wired PT100
RS485 serial interface,upgraded by computer,support MODBUS communication protocol
Twisted-pair shielded cable and cable length should be no more than 50 m.Transmission distance can achieve 1 km if select the RS 485 interface
Steel,stainless,copper,cement,PVC,aluminum,glass steel, cast iron
Transducers installation points should be:10 diameters’ straight pipeline from upstream transducer ,5 diameters’
straight pipeline from the downstream transducer ;30 diameters’ straight pipeline from the pump
Single liquid that can conduct sound wave,such as water,
≤10000ppm,with little bubble
Both of the converter and transducers can work under water,depth underwater ≤2m(After completely sealing)
The Working Principle of Ultrasonic Flow Measurement
Video source: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bx2RnrfLkQg?start=16
Ultrasonic flowmeters use sound waves to determine the velocity of a fluid flowing in a pipe.
At no flow conditions, the frequencies of an ultrasonic wave transmitted into a pipe, and its reflections from the fluid are the same.
Under flowing conditions, the frequency of the reflected wave is different, due to the Doppler effect.
When the fluid moves faster, the frequency shift increases linearly.
The transmitter processes signals from the transmitted wave, and its reflections to determine the flow rate.
You may like: Digital Flow Meters Guide| Liquid and Gas
Ultrasonic flow meter advantages and disadvantages
Generally, an ultrasonic flow meter is the device, that uses ultrasound to measure the velocity of liquid flow, that helps in determining the volume of liquid flow also.
The ultrasonic flow meters are made using the ultrasonic transducers, which are clamped to the external surface of a pipe, to generate the ultrasonic pulses through the pipe.
When the liquid flows inside the pipe, it creates the time difference in the pulses, and these are examined to calculate the accurate flow velocity of the liquid.
There are many advantages of using the ULTRASONIC flow meters which include:
- The electronics in the ultrasonic flow meter includes ultrasonic flowmeter detector which compensates and adapts to the changes in the profile of the flow, type of the liquid and material of the pipe.
- A portable ultrasonic flow meter converter can be used as a direct method to determine the flow rates effectively when compared to the other flow systems.
- Ultrasonic flow meter converter is inexpensive to use and maintain when compared to the other mechanical flow meters as they are no moving parts in these flow meters.
- Their design is highly sophisticated and they do not obstruct the liquid flow, so they can be used for sanitary, corrosive and abrasive liquids.
These are the advantages of the ultrasonic flow meters and there are many disadvantages of the Ultrasonic flow meter which include:
- The main disadvantage of the ultrasonic flow meter is the cost. The cost of the flow meter is very high when compared to the other types of mechanical flow meters.
- The ultrasonic flow meters are sophisticated when compared to the mechanical flow meters, so it needs experts to repair and maintain the flow meters.
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the ultrasonic flow meters.
Ultrasonic flow meter Types
- According to the measurement principle
(1) Time difference method ultrasonic flowmeter;
(2) Frequency difference method ultrasonic flowmeter;
(3) Phase difference method ultrasonic flowmeter;
(4) Doppler ultrasonic flowmeter;
(5) Ultrasonic flowmeters for partially full pipes and river channels that combine liquid level measurement and average velocity measurement.
- According to usage
(1) Portable ultrasonic flowmeter;
(2) Fixed (standard pipe section) ultrasonic flowmeter.
- According to the installation method of the transducer
(1) Standard pipe section ultrasonic flowmeter;
(2) Clip-on ultrasonic flowmeter;
(3) On-site plug-in ultrasonic flowmeter with hole opening.
- According to whether the transducer is in contact with the fluid
(1) Immersion (contact) ultrasonic flowmeter;
(2) Non-invasive (non-contact) ultrasonic flowmeter.
- According to the nature of the measured fluid
(1) Liquid ultrasonic flowmeter;
(2) Gas ultrasonic flowmeter.
- According to the number of transducer channels
(1) Mono ultrasonic flowmeter;
(2) Two-channel ultrasonic flowmeter;
(3) Multi-channel ultrasonic flowmeter.
Ultrasonic flow meter price
Sino-Inst offers Ultrasonic flow meters with the best quality and best price.
The reference price is between USD 150-700.
The price of ultrasonic flow meter is affected by:
- Types of sensors
- Cable length
All of our Flow Meters can work with the NEW AMS TREX !
Ultrasonic flow meter manufacturer
Sino-Inst offers 20 Ultrasonic flow meter products, with Best Price.
Sino-Inst is the manufacturer and supplier of ultrasonic flow meters.
A wide variety of ultrasonic flow meter options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter suppliers, located in China.
Clamp-on ultrasonic flow meter products are most popular in North America, Mid East, and Eastern Europe.
The United States, and India, which export 99%, 1%, and 1% of ultrasonic level transmitter respectively.
You can ensure product safety by selecting from a certified supplier,
with ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
In addition to measuring flow rate, ultrasonic technology can also be used to measure liquid level.
The ultrasonic liquid level sensor is also an excellent product for measuring the liquid level of the tank.
Procurement Guide: Ultrasonic liquid level sensors
You may like:
Request a Quote