Industrial Hydraulic oil flow meter, also called hydraulic flow meter gauge. Hydarulic oil flow meters are inline flow meters for hydraulic oil flow measurement. Sino-Instrument offers Turbine, Mass flow, Oval gear, V-cone, Target and Orifice flow meters for inline hydrauli oil flow. Features like: bidirectional, high pressure, analog, can be customized as customer need.If you have any question for hydraulic oil flow measurement, please contact us. We offer free onlie technical support.
Featured Digital Flow Meters for Hydraulic Oil
What is Hydraulic Oil Flow Meter?
The hydraulic oil flowmeter is a flowmeter that can measure hydraulic oil. The hydraulic oil flowmeter is a name called according to the measurement medium in the industry. There is no hydraulic oil flow meter in the strict sense. It is not accurate to say which flowmeter is a hydraulic oil flowmeter. Which one to use depends on the specific flow measurement conditions. For example, the hydraulic oil is also labeled, 40 #, 46 #, or other viscosity properties. Then choose a suitable flow meter according to the relevant information such as flow, pressure, viscosity and so on.
High pressure hydraulic flow meter
High Pressure Turbine Flow Meter series of turbine flow meters is ideal,when measuring the flow of fluids under high pressure, such as in hydraulic testing. It is also perfect for chemical injection systems,as it withstands pressures up to 20,000 psi and is available in a variety of flow ranges (0.08 to 32 gallons/minute).
|Accuracy||0.5% to 2.0% of reading|
|Straight pipe required||Up stream≥5DN, down stream≥3DN|
Wireless hydraulic flow meter
The wireless flowmeter is integrated with the instrument and control part on the basis of accurate measurement. Realize automatic cut-off and connection operation of pipeline. The wireless flowmeter avoids the liquid flowing too fast and causing damage to the instrument itself. Prevent dangerous accidents. Wireless flow meter realizes the operation of automatic two-way flow measurement. Instantaneous flow on site. Total forward and reverse total display. Self-diagnostic fault alarm. Full use of GSM / GPRS data wireless remote transmission and other functions to realize wireless remote transmission of flow data, Storage and other functions.
GSM / GPRS remote monitoring and management software system is matched with wireless remote transmission flowmeter with remote transmission function. This system can query, statistics, analyze and display the water consumption situation and pipeline pressure of each measurement point in the form of charts or curves. Users can easily manage water consumption at each measurement point. When abnormal water conditions occur at the measurement point or the battery capacity of the on-site flow meter is insufficient. The system can issue an alarm message.Can display the meter’s flow rate, flow rate, cumulative quantity, pressure, working status and other data. Can print all the data of the query directly. Can directly export the data of all meters to the computer. Can directly see the flow curve of the query meter. Directly print out the flow curve graph. You can check the working status of the field instrument and whether the instrument has an alarm condition. Can display the annual, monthly, and daily water consumption of all the instruments in the form of a report. You can directly print the report. You can directly export the report to the computer. All meter data can be backed up directly to the computer.
What is hydraulic flow?
Hydraulic oil is the hydraulic medium.
Hydraulic oil is used in hydraulic systems that utilize fluid pressure energy.
Its role is:Energy transfer, anti-wear, system lubrication,Anti-corrosion, anti-rust, cooling, etc.
1. Hydraulic systems for automobiles and construction machinery use hydraulic oil as the working medium. In this type of hydraulic system, the fluid velocity is not large and the pressure is high, so it is called static pressure transmission.
2. Hydraulic oil is widely used, and it is the most used product in industrial oil. Hydraulic components are developing in the direction of small size and high power. The system pressure is getting higher and higher, and some have exceeded 50 MPa.
1. Hydraulic pressure is a term for machinery industry and electromechanical industry. Hydraulic power can be powered by hydraulic power. Hydraulic pressure can also be used as a control method, which is called hydraulic pressure control.
2. Hydraulic principle In certain mechanical and electronic systems, the static pressure of the liquid medium is used to complete the backlog, transfer and amplification of energy. Achieve lightweight, scientific and maximized mechanical functions.
3. In the hydraulic system, due to some reason, the liquid pressure suddenly rises suddenly at a certain moment, and a high pressure peak is formed. This phenomenon is called hydraulic shock.
4. Select the type of hydraulic oil according to the working environment and working conditions. When selecting the hydraulic oil used in hydraulic equipment. It should be comprehensively considered and judged from several aspects such as working pressure, temperature, working environment, hydraulic system and component structure and material, and economy.
How to use a hydraulic flow meter
- A flow meter can be placed in any location of the hydraulic line to detect the flow rate. Flow meters with variable port sizes are available that are suitable for different hydraulic systems.
- When the hydraulic system operates, the fluid is passed towards the flow meter.
- A flow meter mainly contains 3 parts; the primary device, a transducer and a transmitter. The transducer senses the hydraulic fluid passing through the primary device.
- And a usable flow signal is generated by the transmitter when the sensed signal is sent by the transducer.
- The volume is calculated based on the principle that the volume of fluid passing is directly proportional to the cross-sectional area and the fluid velocity.
- Also, the mass flow is directly proportional to fluid density and volume.
- Then, this calculated hydraulic measurement is displayed on the hydraulic flow meter gauge.
- All standard hydraulic oil flow meters supports unidirectional flow.
- But, reverse flow by-pass options are also available with some selected flow meters.
- Selecting a hydraulic flow meter is a difficult procedure. A wrong selection will cause errors in the diagnosed result.
- The factors that need to be considered while selecting a hydraulic flow meter are:
- the hydraulic fluid properties.
- operating condition of the hydraulic system.
- the need for measuring flow.
- the level of accuracy required.
- the effect of fluid on flow meter and vice-versa.
- and finally the budget.
Flowmeters are devices that measure the rate of liquid, gas or vapor that passes through them.
Some flowmeters measure flow as the amount of fluid passing through the flowmeter during a time period (such as 100 liters per minute).
Other flowmeters measure the totalized amount of fluid that has passed through the flowmeter (such as 100 liters).
Flow measurement can be described by :
Q = A x v
Q is flow rate, A is the crosssectional area of the pipe, and v is the average fluid velocity in the pipe.
Putting this equation into action, the flow of a fluid traveling at an average velocity of a 1 meter per second,
through a pipe with a 1 square meter cross-sectional area is 1 cubic meter per second.
Note that Q is a volume per unit time, so Q is commonly denoted as the “volumetric” flow rate.
Now consider the following equation:
W = rho x Q
Where W is flow rate (again – read on), and rho is the fluid density.
Putting this equation into action, the flow rate will be 1 kilogram per second,
when 1 cubic meter per second of a fluid with a density of 1 kilogram per cubic meter is flowing.
(The same can be done for the commonly-used “pounds”. Without getting into details — a pound is assumed to be a mass unit.)
Note that W is a mass per unit time, so W is commonly denoted as the “mass” flow rate.
Now — which flow do you want to measure? Not sure? In some applications, measuring the volumetric flow is the thing to do.
Consider filling a tank.
Volumetric flow may be of interest to avoid overflowing a tank,
where liquids of differing densities can be added.
(Then again, a level transmitter and high level switch/shutoff may obviate the need for a flowmeter.)
Consider controlling fluid flow into a process that can only accept a limited volume per unit time.
Volumetric flow measurement would seem applicable.
In other processes, mass flow is important.
Consider chemical reactions,where it is desirable to react substances A, B and C.
Of interest is the number of molecules present (its mass), not its volume.
Similarly, when buying and selling products (custody transfer) the mass is important, not its volume.
Where are flow meters used? Or, What does a flow meter measure?
At industrial sites, meters that measure fluid flow are referred to as flow meters or flow sensors.
It is one of the most important instruments in industrial measurement.
With the development of industry, the accuracy and range of flow measurement requirements are getting higher and higher.
In order to adapt to various purposes, various types of flowmeters have been successively launched,
widely used in oil and gas, petrochemical, water treatment, food and beverage.
Industries such as pharmaceuticals, energy, metallurgy, pulp and paper, and building materials.
- Measurement of gas mass flow in industrial pipelines
- Smoke flow rate measurement from the chimney
- Calciner flue gas flow measurement
- Air flow measurement during gas process
- Compressed air flow measurement
- Gas flow measurement during semiconductor chip manufacturing process
- Gas flow measurement in sewage treatment
- Gas flow measurement in heating ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Flux recovery system gas flow measurement
- Measurement of combustion gas flow in a combustion boiler
- Gas flow measurement of natural gas, flare gas, hydrogen, etc.
- Measurement of carbon dioxide gas flow during beer production
- Measurement of gas mass flow in the production process of cement, cigarette and glass factory
- Open channel
Flow is the amount of fluid that passes through a pipe or device at a cross-section in a unit of time. This quantity is expressed by mass and is called mass flow. Expressed by volume, called volume flow. Expressed by weight, called weight flow. Because the density of a fluid changes with changes in the state parameters of the fluid, the volume state must be given while specifying the state of the fluid. Especially for gas, its density varies significantly with pressure and temperature. In order to facilitate the comparison of the volume flow rate, the volume flow rate in the working state is often converted to the volume flow rate in the standard state (temperature is 20 ° C and absolute pressure is 101325Pa).
Commonly used flow measurement methods include speed-type flow measurement methods, volumetric flow measurement methods, and direct or indirect methods to measure the mass of fluid flowing through the cross section of the pipe per unit time. In the above method, more speed-type flow measurement method instruments are applied.
Except for the standard throttling device which does not need to be tested for the current flowmeter, almost all other flowmeters need to be calibrated when leaving the factory. During the use of the flowmeter, it should also be calibrated frequently.
The volume method is most commonly used. This is a method of measuring the volume of fluid flowing into a constant volume container within a measurement time to obtain the flow rate.
The mass method is a method of weighing the mass of a fluid flowing into a container within a measurement time to obtain a flow rate. During calibration, a pump is used to draw the test fluid from the liquid storage container through the calibrated flowmeter and enter the liquid container. The temperature of the fluid is measured while the weight is weighed to determine the density of the measured fluid at that temperature. Divide the weight of the measured fluid by the density of the fluid at the measured temperature to obtain the volume of the fluid. Comparing it with the meter’s volume indication (accumulated pulse number), the meter constant and accuracy of the calibrated flowmeter can be determined. The accuracy of this system can reach 0.1%.
The working principle of the standard volume tube method is based on the volumetric method (standard volumetric method), but it is a dynamic measurement.
The standard flowmeter comparison method is to connect the calibrated flowmeter and the standard flowmeter in series to the pipeline flowing through the test fluid, and compare the two measured values to find the error. The accuracy of the standard flowmeter is 2 to 3 times higher than that of the calibrated flowmeter.
Hydraulic flow meter for sale
When searching for a flow meter for use in a particular hydraulic application, these five questions can help:
1. What are the fluid properties?
2. What are the hydraulic system operating conditions?
3. Why is flow being measured; how accurate does the flow measurement need to be?
4. What effect might the flow meter have on the fluid and vice-versa?
5. How important is it to measure flow; what is your budget?
Sino-Instrument offers over 10 Hydraulic flow meter for flow measurement.
About 50% of these are Turbine flow meters,
40% is the mass flow sensor,
and 20% are DP flow meter.
A wide variety of flow meters options are available to you,
such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Instrument is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of flow measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote