Biogas Flow Meters are instruments that can measure the flow of biogas. Could be a vortex flow meter, thermal mass flow meter, etc. Commonly used in biogas stations, biogas production fermentation tanks, etc.
Biogas Flow Meters measure the flow of biogas in the production and use process.
At present, several biogas flow measurement technologies have been widely used in the biogas field, including turbine flow meters, vortex flow meters, orifice flow meters, ultrasonic gas flow meters, etc.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Biogas Flow Meters for flow measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Featured Biogas Flow Meters
Purpose of biogas flow measurement
In the process of biogas production and use, it needs to be flow metered. The main purposes are as follows:
- Provide reference data for biogas station. The purpose of installing flow meters in biogas supply stations is to provide basic data for the scheduling and control of biogas.
- Check the efficiency of fermentation tanks or landfills. Know the efficiency of the fermentation tank through the biogas flow. If the flow fluctuates unexpectedly, you can check the status of the fermentation tank in time.
- Control the combustion efficiency of the boiler. When a biogas boiler is burning, it is necessary to understand the flow of biogas to control the ventilation of the boiler. Excessive ventilation will reduce the furnace temperature. The ventilation rate is too low and the gas cannot be fully burned, causing waste and pollution.
- Control greenhouse gas emissions. Both CH4 and CO2 in biogas are greenhouse gases. Among them, CH4 is a greenhouse gas that is more harmful than CO2.
- Charges for civil biogas metering. Civil users install flow meters mainly for metering charges, and the management department conducts cost accounting.
Difficulties in biogas measurement
Biogas is a kind of gas that is very difficult to measure. It has the following characteristics:
- Very low pressure: the original biogas from the fermentation tank usually does not exceed 0.1 kg (10kPa).
- Composition changes: Biogas is composed of a variety of mixed gases. The composition of the biogas produced will fluctuate greatly depending on the raw materials for gas production.
- Large flow fluctuations: With changes in biogas raw materials, bacteria conditions, temperature fluctuations, etc., the output biogas flow rate will also vary greatly, so the flowmeter is required to have a larger turndown ratio.
- Water vapor: Biogas is produced by the fermentation of biomass, and the water in the biomass will be carried into the biogas. Therefore, the biogas usually contains saturated water vapor.
- Corrosive: Biogas usually contains H2S, although the content is low. But H2S will form corrosive hydrosulfuric acid after encountering water vapor. There is a greater potential for corrosion of metering components.
Extended reading: V-Cone Flow Meter Working Principle
Types of biogas flow meters
At present, several biogas flow measurement technologies have been widely used in the field of biogas. Mainly include turbine flowmeter, vortex flowmeter, orifice flowmeter, ultrasonic gas flowmeter, etc.
However, due to the characteristics of low biogas pressure, large changes in biogas component flow, strong corrosiveness, and viscous impurities. These flow measurement technologies also have some application problems, which bring troubles to the stability of flow measurement and daily maintenance.
Vortex flow meter to measure biogas
The vortex flowmeter is a volume flowmeter that measures the volume flow of gas, steam or liquid, the volume flow of standard conditions or the mass flow of gas, steam or liquid based on the Karman vortex principle. When the fluid flows through the dust collector rod of the vortex flowmeter, a vortex is formed. The frequency of vortex shedding is proportional to the fluid velocity. Temperature and pressure compensation can be configured.
Read more about: How Vortex Flow Meter measure efficiently? For steam, gas, liquid
Precession vortex flowmeter to measure biogas
Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter, like vortex flowmeter, is a velocity flowmeter. The cost performance of the intelligent precession vortex flowmeter is higher than vortex flowmeter. The intelligent precession vortex flowmeter can only measure gas. Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter can be made into an integrated temperature and pressure compensation. And can measure various gases. Such as compressed air, oxygen, biogas, natural gas, coal gas, etc.
Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter reference price: DN50, USD 600.00/pc.
Thermal mass flow meter to measure biogas
Thermal Mass Flow Meter is a true mass flow meter. No temperature and pressure compensation is required. Thermal gas mass flow meters are designed based on the principle of thermal diffusion. Including natural gas, coal gas, liquefied gas, flare gas, argon, carbon dioxide and other mixed gas flow measurement.
Gas turbine flowmeter to measure biogas
The gas turbine flowmeter integrates temperature, pressure, flow sensors and intelligent flow totalizers. The gas turbine flowmeter has high accuracy and good repeatability, so it is suitable for trade measurement and industrial process detection. It is widely used in many kinds of gas in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, aviation, scientific research and other sectors and industrial fields. Such as natural gas, city gas, propane, butane, air, nitrogen and other gases measurement.
Gas Turbine Flow Meter reference price: USD900-2500/pc
Differential pressure flow meter to measure biogas
Differential Pressure Flow Meter is also called DP flow meter. Differential pressure flow meters use the principle of differential pressure to measure the flow of liquid, gas and steam.
The measurement of biogas flow is currently a big problem. But the advent of the differential pressure flowmeter completely broke the traditional flow measurement. V-cone flowmeters, balanced flowmeters, and orifice flowmeters are typical for measuring biogas flow. Both can easily solve the problem of biogas flow measurement, with measurement accuracy and good stability.
Extended reading: [Working principle&Price]SI3051ANB Annubar Flow Meter
Biogas flow meter price
Biogas flow meter price varies according to different flow meter technologies, flow meter size and functions.
Generally speaking, vortex flowmeters are preferred to measure biogas flow. Because the technology is mature and the cost is low.
Vortex flow meter for biogas flow meter price starts from $230. Welcome to send your flow meter size to us obtain the low price cost for biogas flow measurement.
Extended reading: Featured Cheap flow meters for Sale
You may like:
Sino-Inst, Manufacuturer for Biogas Flow Meters Including Orifice plate, Venturi, Annubar, etc.
Could be a vortex flow meter, thermal mass flow meter, etc. Commonly used in biogas stations, biogas production fermentation tanks, etc.
Sino-Inst’s Biogas Flow Meters, made in China, Having good Quality, With better price. Our flow measurement instruments are widely used in China, India, Pakistan, US, and other countries.
Request a Quote