Flow Measurement of Nitrogen
Nitrogen flow meters are important to different industries. Inline Flow Measurement of Nitrogen needs to purchase the correct gas flow meter.
Please follow the purchasing guide below. You will find your most suitable Nitrogen flow meter!
First, let’s take a look at nitrogen.
Next comes the most important question:
What flow meters can measure nitrogen flow?
There are 5 types of commonly used nitrogen flow meters:
1.Vortex flowmeter. If you need to measure the volume flow (m3/h, dum/s), it is best to use a vortex flowmeter. The accuracy is quite high and the price/performance ratio is good. However, when measuring with a vortex flowmeter, pay attention to the measuring range.
The vortex flowmeter directly measures the volume flow of gas and liquid. It is necessary to add temperature and pressure measuring sensors and totalizers to calculate mass flow.
2. Intelligent precession vortex flowmeter. This is a new type of gas flow meter. The flowmeter integrates flow, temperature, and pressure detection functions. And can automatically compensate for temperature, pressure and compressibility. It is an ideal instrument for gas measurement in petroleum, chemical, electric power, metallurgy and other industries. It is also a common choice for nitrogen flow meters.
3.Orifice flowmeter. For volume flow measurement, you can also use differential pressure flow meters, orifice flow meters, Verabar, and Annubar flow meters. However, the accuracy is lower and the price is higher. Its advantage is that it can measure the flow of gas-liquid two-phase media. For example, due to gas liquefaction or gas-liquid two-phase formation under high pressure.
Orifice plate flowmeter, orifice plate as a throttling element, equipped with a differential pressure transmitter. The volume flow can be calculated. To convert to mass flow, temperature and pressure sensors and totalizers must also be added.
4.Gas mass flow meter. If it is a mass flow measurement, a gas mass flow meter can be used. Thermal gas mass flow meter directly measures the mass flow of common gases, including nitrogen.
5.Coriolis mass flowmeter. Direct measurement of the mass flow of gas and liquid can be used to measure nitrogen, which is more expensive.
The nitrogen flow meter we designed is easy to use, reasonably priced and fully functional. You can use our flow meters to measure compressed air, nitrogen and industrial gases.
Of course, which type of nitrogen flow meter to use. Please make further confirmation according to your actual needs.
Featured Low temperature Liquid Nitrogen Flow Meter
Liquid nitrogen refers to liquid nitrogen. Liquid with extremely low temperature. In industrial production, liquid nitrogen can be used as a deep refrigerant. The low-temperature turbine flowmeter is used as a liquid nitrogen flowmeter, which can work at a low temperature of -196°C (-320.8 °F). Liquid Nitrogen Flow Meter’s Turbine sensor structure at ultra-low temperature (-196℃) is made of special customized material, and it is equipped with low temperature resistant amplifier. Realize the instantaneous and cumulative flow monitoring of liquid nitrogen.
In addition, gear flow meters are also a good choice for small-caliber liquid nitrogen measurement.
Gear flow transmitter is a type of positive displacement flow transmitter. It is a high-precision transmitter for measuring volume flow.
With the flow of the medium, the gears mesh and rotate. Under the action of the fluid flow, a pressure difference is formed at both ends of the instrument inlet and outlet. There is no need for power supply. A pair of gears rotate freely. The cavity between the gears is filled with liquid. Discharge and measure the number of revolutions of the gear to know the flow of liquid and liquid flowing through the instrument.
- High pressure resistance (1.0-45MPa)
- High and low temperature resistance (-196℃-200℃)
- Can measure various viscous media
- High precision and repeatability
- Pulse output/analog output optional
- Wide range ratio (1:100)
- Wide measuring range
- Strong anti-corrosion and anti-fouling ability (acid and alkali)
Featured Inline Nitrogen flow meters
Case: vortex flowmeter used for nitrogen flow measurement
The vortex flowmeter works according to the Karman vortex principle. Each pulse or certain current signal output by the meter represents a certain volume of the measured medium. The total number of pulses output during a period of time or the integral of the analog current quantity will represent the sum of the flow of the medium flowing in this period. That is, the instantaneous flow and cumulative flow we often say.
The vortex flowmeter measures a wide range of media, and it can measure gas, liquid and steam. It has a high working temperature and can withstand 350 degrees high temperature. No moving parts, safe and reliable measurement, no wear. The watch body is made of stainless steel, which is corrosion resistant and has a long service life.
Today we are mainly talking about the vortex flowmeter used for the measurement of nitrogen flow.
Give an example to illustrate:
A user measures nitrogen. The pipe diameter is 100mm. The usual flow rate is 950m3/h. Temperature and pressure.
The temperature and pressure of the site working conditions are not high. The flow rate is also within the measurable range of the vortex flowmeter.
It is understood that the user’s installation site environment is also better without major vibration or interference. Therefore, the user uses a nitrogen flow meter, that is, a vortex flowmeter. The specific parameters are as follows:
- Measuring medium: nitrogen
- Medium temperature: normal temperature
- Working pressure: normal pressure
- Flow range: 120-1200m3/h
- Connection method: flange pipe type
- Installation direction: horizontal installation
- Body material: 304 stainless steel
- Sensor material: 304 stainless steel
- Resistance body material: 304 stainless steel
- Display mode: on-site LCD display
- Power supply mode: 24VDC
- Pressure rating: 1.0MPa
Vortex flowmeter functions:
- On-site LCD displays instantaneous flow and cumulative flow;
- Output 4-20mA signal output;
- The secondary instrument display can be selected, and it can be used in conjunction with PLC, DCS and other computer control systems;
- With temperature and pressure compensation, the accuracy is better;
- Can be connected to RS485 communication protocol;
- Optional battery power supply and power supply power supply;
- There are multiple connection options such as pipe type, plug-in type, threaded connection, and clamp type.
Features of vortex flowmeter:
- The nitrogen flow meter has no moving parts, no wear, dirt resistance, no mechanical maintenance, and long service life;
- The overall structure design of the instrument is reasonable, the dynamic measurement range is wide, and the pressure loss is small;
- The measurement is not affected by temperature and pressure, and is resistant to high temperatures. High pressure.
Vortex flowmeter installation conditions:
- There is a straight pipe section at 15-20D. Downstream straight pipe section 5-10D;
- Ensure that the medium is full of the pipeline;
- Try not to install it in a place with strong vibration or interference. If it must be installed in an environment with vibrations, shock absorption measures should be taken.
You may like:
- Oil-water Interface Level Measurement Guide
- Diesel fuel tank level gauges & Indicators
- Industrial petrol flow meters|Selection Guide
- Cheap flow meters-Low Cost measurement solutions
- Digital gas flow meters for Sale
- Totalizer flow meters
- Stainless steel flow meters
- Industrial Oxygen Flow Meters
- Industrial CO2 flow meters Solutions
- Biogas Flow Meters Selection Guide
- Digital Beer Flow Meters
Sino-Inst is a well-known Exporter, Supplier,Trader and Service Provider of Nitrogen flow meter. Sino-Inst offers over 50 Nitrogen flow meters for flow measurement. About 50% of these are differential pressure flow meters, 40% is the vortex flow sensor, and 20% are Ultrasonic flow meter and mass flow meter.
A wide variety of Nitrogen flow meters options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of flow measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote