what is a bimetallic stemmed thermometer?
Bimetallic stemmed thermometer is an instrument that uses two different metals to measure temperature. Combine two metals with different coefficients of linear expansion and fix one end. When the temperature changes, the two metals thermally expand differently. Drive the pointer to deflect to indicate the temperature. This is the bimetallic thermometer. It can directly measure the temperature of liquid, steam, and gaseous media in the range of -80℃~+500℃ in various production processes.
Benefits of Bimetallic stemmed thermometer
(1) The thermoelectric potential is not disturbed. The thermoelectric potential of the bimetal thermometer is not disturbed by other factors. It has strong adaptability to different measurement environments.
(2) The structure is diverse and can meet different measurement requirements. It can be used as electric contact bimetal thermometer, explosion-proof electric contact bimetal thermometer, bimetal thermometer with remote transmission, etc.
(3) The temperature response speed is fast, and there is strong sensitivity. At the same time, temperature changes are intuitive and can be displayed and recorded on site.
(4) Small size, convenient application, and strong temperature measurement reliability. Nominal diameter of dial: 60,100 (4 inch), 150 optional;
(5) It has a long service life, can be used in the temperature detection of chemical production for a long time, and has stable physical and chemical properties.
(6) Stable anti-corrosion performance. The application of bimetallic thermometers in chemical production often needs to be used in liquid and gas environments. It has a good anti-corrosion ability to protect pipes. It will not be affected by measurement conditions and cause corrosion problems that affect measurement quality.
(7) Strong pressure bearing. It has good pressure-bearing capacity, can be measured in different pressure levels, and has strong adaptability to measurement conditions.
(8) The conductivity is high. The temperature coefficient of resistance is small, and the thermoelectric potential has a linear relationship with the temperature, and the linearity is good.
What is the most accurate method for calibrating bimetallic thermometers?
Method 1: Ice water
1. Fill the container with ice cubes, and then top up with cold distilled water to form a watery slurry.
2. Insert the thermometer probe into the container, making sure not to touch the side.
3. The temperature should be 32°F (0°C) after 30 seconds. If not, the thermometer needs to be recalibrated. Record the difference and offset the thermometer as needed.
Method 2: boiling water
1. Boil a clean container of distilled water.
2. Once the water boils, insert the thermometer probe. Make sure again that the probe does not touch the side or bottom of the pot.
3. The temperature should be 212°F (100°C). Record the difference and offset the thermometer as needed. Note that the boiling point of water varies with altitude. Use this handy water boiling point calculator to find the temperature that suits your altitude.
Sino-Inst, Manufacturer for Bimetallic stemmed thermometers, like Digital Thermometer/Transmitter, Digital Thermometer/Transmitter, explosion-proof thermocouple, etc.
Sino-Inst’s Bimetallic stemmed thermometers, made in China, Having good Quality, With better price. Our Temperature measurement instruments are widely used in China, India, Pakistan, the US, and other countries.
Request a Quote