Sanitary Bimetal Thermometers also called the sanitary thermometer,
or tri-clamp thermometer.
Sino-Instrument‘s Sanitary Bimetal Thermometers
are specially designed for direct insertion into sanitary process applications
when a standard thermowell is not specified,
or the process environment is not exposed to pressure.
Sanitary thermometers are ideal for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Features of SI-WSS Sanitary Bimetal Thermometers
3-A Conformance Certificate Included
Made to ASME B40.3 Specifications
Accuracy ± 1% Full Scale. (ASME B40.3)
Hermetically Sealed (ASME B40.3)
Silicone Fillable for Vibration
Standard and Custom Stem Lengths
Standard External Reset
Tri-Clamp® Design for Fast Installation and Removal
OEM Logo Dials/Custom Dials
Specifications of SI-WSS
Sanitary Bimetal Thermometers
- Accuracy: ± 1% Full Scale (ASME B40.3 Grade A)
- Dial Size: ( 3”, 4”, or 5” ) 63 up to 150 mm
- Dial Material:
- Anodized aluminum with black marks on satin matte finish background;
- White or Hi-Vis™ background available.
- Stem Length: 2.5 – 24″, other lengths available
- Stem Diameter: 1/4” (std)
- Head, Bezel, Mounting Bushing, Stems: 300 Series SS, 316SS (optional)
- Operating Conditions:
- The head temperature should not exceed 200°F (150°F if silicone filled).
- The stem should not be exposed to continuous temperatures exceeding 50% over-range or 800°F(550°F if silicone filled).
- Temperature Ranges: See inside back cover of temperature catalog for the complete list of ranges.
- Case Rating: IP67, NEMA 6 Rated (Hermetically sealed per ASME B40.3)
- Lens: Glass (std), Acrylic, Polycarbonate, Tempered Glass, Laminated Safety Glass
- Immersion: Minimum 2” in liquid, and 4” in gas for most ranges. Certain ranges require up to 4” in liquids & 5” in gas
- Mounting Connection: 1/2” NPT (std), 1/4” NPT, 3/4” NPT, Plain Hex Bushing, 1/2” BSPT, 1/2” NPT Union, Sanitary Tri-Clamp®
- Temperature Sensing Area: Last 2” to 4” of the stem
Thermowells should be used whenever the stem or bulb would be exposed to pressure,
corrosion, velocity, abrasion or shear forces.
Thermowells also make it possible to remove the thermometer,
without losing pressure or the contents of the process.
Care of Sanitary Surfaces
All Sino-Instrument 3-A marked sanitary instruments have carefully prepared Wetted Surfaces.
These surfaces contain no cracks or crevices,
where germs could breed,
and they are polished to a maximum roughness average (Ra) of 32.
The “wetted surfaces” of an instrument are the surfaces,
that will come in contact with your process fluid.
Consult the diagrams below to see the wetted surface,
for the instrument you have received.
All Sino-Instrument sanitary instruments are shipped with packaging that protects the wetted surfaces.
To preserve the sanitary compliance of the instrument,
CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN to prevent any scratching, denting,
or abrasion of the wetted surfaces prior to or during installation.
Drawings of SI-WSS Sanitary Bimetal Thermometers
SI-WSS Serial code
|Protecting pipe length|
|Installation screw thread|
SI-WSS Sanitary Bimetal Thermometers Dimension
If you need the datasheet, price, or more information about SI-WSS Bottom Connect Bimetal Thermometer,
Just Contact Us.
Request a Quote