Insutrial pressure sensor for the pressure measurement application.
A pressure sensor converts the physical quantity ‘pressure’ into an industry-standard electric signal. Sino-Inst manufactures pressure sensors ranging from the sensing element to system packaging. Based on piezoresistive Micro-electromechanical systems and silicon strain gauge , our sensors measure from 20inWc … 200,000 psi. We can also build custom sensors to meet your specific needs. Our product portfolio covers a wide range of pressure sensors. Suitable for refrigeration and air conditioning applications, the food industry, mobile work machines, medical gas and semiconductor industries.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of pressure senors for industrial pressure measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Featured Industrial Pressure Sensors
A pressure sensor is a device for pressure measurement of gases or liquids. Pressure sensors can also be used to indirectly measure other variables such as fluid/gas flow, speed, water level, and altitude. Pressure sensors can alternatively be called pressure transducers, pressure transmitters, pressure senders, pressure indicators, piezometers and manometers, among other names.
From Wikipedia : Pressure sensor
In short, a pressure sensor converts pressure into a small electrical signal, which is sent and displayed. Therefore, these are also commonly referred to as pressure transmitters. Two common signals used are 4 to 20 mA signals and 0 to 5 volt signals.
Most pressure sensors work using the piezoelectric effect. This is when the material generates a charge in response to stress. This stress is usually compressive, but may be twisted, bent, or vibrated.
Pressure sensors detect pressure and can determine the amount of pressure by measuring the charge.
The pressure sensor needs to be calibrated in order to know what voltage or milliamp (mA) signal corresponds to what pressure. This is the basic “zero” and “span” calibration or minimum and maximum, which is a common job for maintenance personnel.
What common types of pressure can you measure with a pressure sensor?
We use three common types in the industry.
- The first is “gauge pressure”. Measured with reference to atmospheric pressure (typically 14.7 PSI). When above atmospheric pressure, you will display a “positive” pressure; when below atmospheric pressure, you will display a “negative” pressure.
- The next is “absolute pressure“. In short, this is the pressure relative to an absolute vacuum measurement. The absolute pressure of the full vacuum is zero PSIa and it increases from there. This type of sensor can be used if it is necessary to read pressures below atmospheric pressure.
- The last type that is usually monitored in the industry is “pressure differential”. It sounds like this, the difference between two pressures, a measured pressure and a reference pressure.
Sino-Inst also provides repair services for pressure sensors. Such as WIKA, Rosemount, and other brands of pressure sensors.
Pressure sensor structure
Pressure sensor wiring
Industrial Applications of Pressure Sensors
Pressure sensors play critical process and quality control roles in industrial applications. Industrial pressure sensors provide a reliable solution for medical, HVAC, and industrial applications. Our sensors are signal-conditioned, calibrated over the entire temperature range. And include digital or analog outputs.
Industrial pressure sensors can be used to measure media, namely different types of gases and liquids:
- Atmosphere / barometric pressure
- Hydraulic / pneumatic
- Corrosive media
Although many of the above apply to corrosive substances. You can also find sensors specifically designed for measuring corrosive media.
Sensors used in chemical processes may need to withstand exposure to corrosive media such as acids or bases. Many stainless steel enclosures and / or diaphragms can be specified to improve corrosion resistance. They can also withstand corrosion due to atmospheric humidity or water splashes. Or withstand permanent immersion in untreated water or chemical-containing water such as treatment plants or swimming pools.
The corrosion hazard caused by seawater, salt spray or coastal environment exceeds the tolerance of ordinary low grade stainless steel. Housing and diaphragm materials such as super nickel alloys or titanium are generally recommended.
Sensors can also be specified, such as using O-rings made of fluororubber instead of parts made of rubber to increase resistance to aging and corrosion. Alternatively, the diaphragm can be welded to the sensor body to enhance corrosion resistance.
- Wireless Level Sensor – LoRa
- High Temperature Pressure Transducer with Best Price
- Water Level Transducers – Detailed Guide
- Upstream and Downstream Flow Straight Pipe Requirements-for Flowmeter Installation
- Explosion Proof Ultrasonic Level Sensor| Hazardous Area-Non Contact
- Slurry Flow Meter
- Measuring Steam Flow and Steam Flow Meters
- New Trend of Transformer Oil Level Indicator
- External Tank Level Indicator
- 80GHZ Radar Level Transmitter
Sino-Instrument offers over 20 Pressure sensors. A wide variety of Pressure sensors options are available to you. Such as free samples, paid samples. Sino-Instrument is a globally recognized manufacturer of Pressure sensors, located in China. Sino-Instrument sells through a mature distribution network that reaches all 30 countries worldwide. Pressure sensors products are most popular in Europe, Southeast Asia, and Mid East. You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers. With ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
Request a Quote