Radar Liquid Level Sensor is a self-heating microwave level sensor. Low temperature resistance, heat tracing type, non-icing and anti-crystallization. Suitable for corrosive liquids, steam and volatile liquids.
Radar liquid level sensor is a 26G high frequency radar level sensor. The radar level antenna emits narrow microwave pulses. Downward transmission via the antenna. After the microwave touches the surface of the measured medium, it is reflected back and received by the antenna system again. The signal transmitted to the electronic circuit is automatically converted into a level signal. Because microwaves travel so fast, the time it takes for electromagnetic waves to reach the target and return to the receiver by reflection is almost instantaneous. When the measured liquid is too viscous or volatile, it will have a physical impact on the radar level gauge. SIRD-902T is an instrument specifically designed for this situation. Low temperature resistance, self-heating, non-icing, anti-crystallization.
Features of SIRD-902T Microwave Radar Liquid Level Sensor
● Level gauge that can heat up. Low temperature resistance, self-heating, non-icing, anti-crystallization.
● Hardly affected by corrosion and foam. It is almost unaffected by water vapor, temperature and pressure changes in the atmosphere.
● The severe dust environment has little effect on the work of the high-frequency level gauge.
● The wavelength is shorter. It has better reflection on inclined solid surfaces.
● The beam angle is small and the energy is concentrated. It enhances the echo ability and at the same time helps avoid interference.
● The measurement dead zone is smaller. Good results can also be obtained for small tank measurement.
● High signal-to-noise ratio. Even in the case of fluctuations, better performance can be obtained.
● High frequency. It is a better choice for measuring solid and low dielectric constant media.
Specifications of SIRD-902T Microwave Radar Liquid Level Sensor
|Application：||Temperature, pressure, slightly corrosive liquid|
|Measuring Range：||20 meters|
|Process Connection：||Thread, flange|
|Process Temperature：||-40～130℃(standard type) / -40～250℃(high temperature type)|
|Supply：||Two-wire system (DC24V) / Four-wire system (DC24V/AC220V)|
|Signal Output：||Exia ⅡC T6 Ga / Exd IIC T6 Gb|
|Outer Covering：||Aluminum Single Chamber / Aluminum Dual Chamber / Plastic / Stainless Steel Single Chamber|
|Explosion-proof Grade：||4…20mA/HART (two-wire/four-wire) / RS485 Mod bus|
|Antenna Material||Stainless Steel / PTFE|
Radar Liquid Level Sensor Working Principle
At present, the common working principles of microwave level sensors in the market mainly include FMCW (continuous frequency modulation) and pulse.
The radar level sensor uses a linear modulated high-frequency signal. Generally, 10GHz or high frequency 24GHz (or 26GMz) microwave signals are used. It is an indirect measurement method based on complex mathematical formulas. The level distance is calculated from the frequency spectrum.
The antenna emits a linearly modulated continuous high-frequency microwave signal and scans it. At the same time, the return signal is received. The frequency difference between the transmitted microwave signal and the returned microwave signal is proportional to the distance to the surface of the medium.
Pulse radar level sensor, similar to ultrasonic technology. Use the time difference principle to calculate the distance to the surface of the medium. The device transmits pulses of a fixed frequency. Then receive and build the echo pattern. The propagation time of the signal is directly proportional to the distance to the medium.
But it is different from ultrasound which uses sound waves. The radar uses electromagnetic waves. It uses tens of thousands of pulses to scan the container and get a complete echo map.
The typical wavebands of radar level sensors are 5.8GHz, 10GHz, 24GHz, and 26GHz. Usually we call the frequency of 5.8GHz (or 6.3GHz) the C-band microwave. The frequency of 10GHz is X-band microwave. The frequency of 24GHz (or 26GHz) is K-band microwave.
Because the gain coefficient of the radar level sensor and the size of the beam angle are related to the wavelength of the microwave and the size of the horn of the radar level gauge.
Therefore, more and more manufacturers of radar level gauges have begun to develop and use high-frequency microwave technology to improve the performance of radar level gauges.
At the same time, the use of high-frequency technology can greatly reduce the size of the antenna while improving radar performance, making installation more convenient.
Because the microwave used in the radar level sensor is an electromagnetic wave. In the process of dissemination, no transmission medium is required. Therefore, there is basically no need to consider the effects of volatile gases and steam, temperature, pressure (vacuum), or even dust.
Moreover, since it is based on the principle of echo reflection ranging (TOF), there are no problems such as wear and tear for the radar level gauge. Therefore, maintenance is basically unnecessary.
The top installation method also makes installation more convenient. And because of the characteristics of microwave, its accuracy can generally reach 0.1% (full range) accuracy compared to other liquid level measurement methods.
Due to the incomparable advantages of radar level gauges, more and more storage tank users have begun to use radar level gauges to replace other technologies.
Know more about Level measurement using radar technology
Ultrasonic Liquid Level Sensor
Ultrasonic liquid level sensors are non contact level measurement devices. In the measurement, the ultrasonic pulse is sent by the sensor (transducer). The sound wave is reflected by the liquid surface and received by the same sensor or ultrasonic receiver. It is converted into an electrical signal by a piezoelectric crystal or a magnetostrictive device. It is transmitted and received by the sound wave. The time between the sensor and the surface of the liquid being measured. Due to non-contact measurement, the measured medium is almost unlimited. It can be widely used for measuring the height of various liquid and solid materials. Like: water level, fuel level, oil level, petrol tank level, and so on.
Radar Level Sensor Price
The price of the radar level sensor is related to the medium, installation method, and pressure level.
- The medium is divided into ordinary type and anti-corrosion type. The cost of the ordinary type is relatively low, and the price of the anti-corrosion type is relatively expensive.
- The pressure levels are divided into 1.0MPA, 1.6MPA, 2.5MPA, 4.0MPA, 25MPA. The greater the pressure, the more expensive the price. So the pressure is directly proportional to the price.
- Every customer who has bought a radar level sensor knows that the installation method is different. Top-mounted and side-mounted. Because of the different structure, the top-mounted type is more expensive than the side-mounted type.
Sino-Inst provides customers with the most reasonable prices on the basis of ensuring product quality. Radar Level Sensor Price reference range: USD500-1500.00/pc
Featured Radar Water Level Sensors
What is radar level measurement?
Radar level measurement adopts the transmitting-reflection-receiving working mode. The antenna of the radar level sensor emits electromagnetic waves. These waves are reflected by the surface of the measured object. It is received by the antenna. The time from emission to reception of electromagnetic waves is proportional to the distance to the liquid surface. The radar level gauge records the elapsed time of the pulse wave. The transmission speed of electromagnetic waves is constant. The distance from the liquid surface to the radar antenna can be calculated. Thereby know the liquid level of the liquid surface.
What is a liquid level sensor?
A liquid level sensor is an instrument for measuring the height of a liquid and converting it to an electrical signal. The liquid level signal output can then be utilised by other instrumentation to display, monitor, log or control the liquid level.
How do you check water level with sensor?
The Water level sensor mainly has contact type and non-contact type. Different water level sensors have different working principles.
1. The first type is contact. Including single flange static pressure / double flange differential pressure liquid level transmitter, float type liquid level transmitter, magnetic liquid level transmitter, input type liquid level transmitter, electric inner float level transmission Devices, electric float level transmitters, capacitive level transmitters, magnetostrictive level transmitters, service level transmitters, etc.
2. The second type is non-contact. Divided into ultrasonic liquid level transmitter, radar liquid level transmitter, etc.
Sino-Inst offers over 10 Microwave Radar Liquid Level Sensors for level measurement. About 50% of these are Radar level meters, 40% is the tank level sensor.
A wide variety of Microwave Radar Liquid Level Sensors options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of radar level measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote
Radar Liquid Level Sensor|Heat Tracing|Volatile liquids
Radar Liquid Level Sensor is a self-heating microwave level sensor. Low temperature resistance, heat tracing type, non-icing and anti-crystallization.
Product SKU: SIRD-902T
Product Brand: Sino-Inst
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 500
Price Valid Until: 2029-08-06T11:52:00
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock