Solid Level Sensor continuously detects changes in the level of solid materials. Monitor and Indicate the level of bulk solids in silos, storage tanks or other containers.
Solid Level Sensor is very important for the production process. Fly ash powder measurement. Chemical plant level measurement. Cement silo powder measurement. Controlling the change of material level can maximize the efficiency, prevent overflow, exhaust or track the volume or mass. SIRD-703 GWR Bulk Solids & Powder Solid Level Sensor is mainly suitable for solid powder level measurement.
Features of Bulk Solids & Powder Solid Level Sensor
Solid Level Sensor is mainly divided into two categories: continuous type and switch type continuous type. Continuous type includes ultrasonic wave and guided wave radar. There are many types of switches. Rotary resistance, tuning fork, capacitance, heavy hammer, RF admittance.
- The guided wave radar level meter is highly versatile. It is suitable for the measurement of acids, alkalis or other corrosive media
- Anti-hanging material. The unique circuit design and sensor structure of the guided wave radar level meter make its measurement not affected by the hanging material of the sensor. No regular cleaning is required to avoid false measurements.
- Maintenance-free. The guided wave radar level gauge has no moving parts during the measurement process. There is no damage to mechanical parts and no maintenance is required.
- Anti-jamming. Contact measurement by guided wave radar level meter. Strong anti-interference ability, can overcome the influence of steam, foam and stirring on the measurement.
- Accurate and reliable. The measurement volume of the guided wave radar level gauge is diversified, which makes the measurement more accurate. The measurement is not affected by environmental changes, with high stability and long service life.
Specifications of SIRD-703 GWR Bulk Solids & Powder Solid Level Sensor
|Suitable for Medium:||Solid powder|
|Application:||Cement silo powder measurement; Ash powder measurement|
|Explosion-proof Grade:||Exia IIC T6 Ga/Exd IIC T6 Gb|
|Antenna:||Double cable type antenna|
|The Scene Display:||Four LCD/Can be programmed|
|Power Source:||Two-wire (DC24V);Four-wire（DC24V/AC220V）|
|Connection:||Flange (optional) / Thread|
The Advantages and Disadvantages of GWR Bulk Solid Level Sensor
Guided wave radar liquid level gauge is a contact type liquid level gauge. Its working principle is to use electromagnetic waves to transmit signals-reflect-receive signals. Unlike conventional radar level gauges, guided wave radar requires a medium to transmit signals. This medium can be a rod or a cable, depending on the installation environment. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of the guided wave radar level gauge compared with other level gauge products? Let us explain for you.
- Can measure a variety of different media. Including liquid, solid, particles, powder, etc., and will not be affected by the density or temperature of the media.
- Continuous measurement, safe, stable and reliable.
- For the medium with a low dielectric constant, a guide rod can be added to improve the accuracy of the measured data.
- The fluctuation of the level has little effect on the measurement results.
- The signal is stable and the anti-interference ability is strong.
- Vapor or foam will basically have no effect on the measured data.
- Two output modes of 4~20 or digital signal adapt to different installation environments.
- Guided wave radar level sensors have various materials, process connections, probe types and accessories to provide this option.
- Guided wave radar level sensor is suitable for small storage tanks, storage tanks with complex geometric shapes, and when there are obstacles in the tanks. It is not affected by the mechanical design of the bypass pipe. Thereby minimizing the risk of leakage.
- Because it is a contact measurement, for those flammable and explosive media, a higher explosion-proof level is needed to deal with it.
- Compared with the non-contact horn radar level sensor, the guided wave radar level sensor directly comes into contact with the measured medium. Therefore, the daily maintenance of the guide rod is relatively more.
- The volume is relatively large, and transportation is not convenient.
- If measuring a solid medium, the medium needs to be kept horizontal. And the dust can not be much, otherwise it will affect the measurement accuracy.
- The measuring guide rod or cable is easy to foul, and it needs to be cleaned regularly.
- The price is higher than other level sensor products.
Solid State Level Sensors
Solid state level sensors perform real-time detection of changes in the height of solid materials in the container. Solid state level sensors are also called level transmitters, level controllers, bulk solid level sensors, dry materail level sensors, etc.
Solid state level sensors are mainly divided into two categories: continuous type and switch type.
Continuous type includes ultrasonic and guided wave radar.
There are many types of switch type, resistance rotary type, tuning fork type, capacitive type, heavy hammer type, RF admittance.
Among them, the resistance-rotation and tuning-fork level gauges have high requirements on the use occasions, and are not resistant to impact and cannot measure viscous materials.
The capacitive type should be said to overcome the shortcomings of other level gauges, but it cannot identify fake materials. In order to overcome this defect, a radio frequency admittance level meter was developed on the basis of capacitance.
Ultrasonic Level Sensor for Solids
Multiply the time from ultrasonic transmission to reception by the speed of sound to calculate the height of the material level. Since the air temperature will affect the speed of sound wave propagation, the air temperature needs to be measured to correct the speed of sound. Ultrasonic level meter is suitable for measuring the block material level with larger granularity.
The top of the storage warehouse is equipped with an ultrasonic generator and a receiver. The ultrasonic wave emitted by the generator is reflected by the air layer to the material surface, and part of the reflection is received by the receiver.
Non-Contacting Radar Level Measurement
Radar level transmitters use radar technology to perform non-contact continuous level measurement. The radar level indicator converts the level into an electrical signal. The level signal output can then be utilised by other instrumentation to monitor or control. Liquids and solids are commonly measured with this measuring technique. Like: Fly ash silo. Radar level sensors are divided into: Pulsed radar technology and frequency modulated continuous wave (FMCW) radar level sensors.
What are the different types of level sensors?
Common liquid level sensors are:
Float type liquid level sensor, magnetostrictive liquid level sensor,
Capacitive liquid level sensor, resistance liquid level sensor,
Radar level sensor, laser level sensor,
Ultrasonic liquid level sensor, pressure sensor,
Bubble level sensor, isotope level sensor,
Thermodynamic liquid level sensor
Therhere are 7 main types of level transmitters that Sino-Instroffers. Each type of transmitter works in a different way, and makes it useful for different types of processes.
Which sensor is used to detect water level?
Our common liquid level transmitters can be used to measure the water level.
However, from a cost perspective, hydrostatic level transmitter is most commonly used to measure the water level.
What is a point level sensor?
Point level measurement sensors are used to mark a single discrete liquid height–a preset level condition. Generally, this type of sensor functions as a high alarm, signaling an overfill condition, or as a marker for a low alarm condition.
Like Float Level Sensors.
What type of sensor is a fuel level sensor?
Various types of liquid level transmitters can be used to measure the oil level.
Magnetostrictive liquid level sensor can be used as a fuel tank level sensor. With LCD digital display. Perfect choice for Continuous Level measurement of the diesel tank/fuel tank.
Sino-Inst offers over 10 GWR Bulk Solids & Powder Solid Level Sensors for level measurement. About 50% of these are float liquid level meters, 40% is the level switches.
A wide variety of Solid Level Sensors options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of Solid Level Sensors instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote
GWR Bulk Solids & Powder Solid Level Sensor -Sino-Inst
Solid Level Sensor continuously detects changes in the level of solid materials. Monitor and Indicate the level of bulk solids in silos, storage tanks or
Product SKU: SIRD-703 GWR
Product Brand: Sino-Inst
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 600
Price Valid Until: 2029-07-17T09:38:55
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock