Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna can be used in applications where the antenna is severely condensed. When there are many interferences in the storage tank, it can be measured well.
Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna can produce narrow beam width and directivity. When there are many interferences in the tank wall, it can be measured well. It is not affected by false echoes of interferences such as steps. The parabolic antenna is suitable for liquid and solid applications. Because of the largest diameter, the radar beam is the narrowest and can be used for extremely long measurement distances. The parabola is also the most insensitive antenna type to pollution. It can be used in applications where antenna condensation is severe, such as asphalt and liquid sulfur.
Features of SIRD-904 Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna
SIRD-904 Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna uses a transmission frequency of up to 26GHz. It has:
- The beam angle is small (minimum 5 degrees). The energy is concentrated. It has stronger anti-interference ability. It greatly improves the measurement accuracy and reliability;
- The antenna size is small. It is easy to install and add dust cover and other antenna protection devices;
- The measurement blind area is smaller. Good results can also be obtained for small tank measurement;
- The wavelength is shorter. It is more suitable for the level measurement of small particles.
- It adopts advanced microprocessor and unique EchoDiscovery echo processing technology.
- It adopts pulse working mode. Radar level gauge has very low transmitting power. It can be installed in various metal and non-metal containers, and it has no harm to human body and the environment.
Specifications of SIRD-904 Radar Level Gauge
|Application：||Solid materials, strong dust, easy to crystallize, and condensation|
|Measuring Range：||80 meters|
|Process Connection：||Thread, universal flange|
|Process Temperature：||-40～130℃(standard type) / -40～250℃(high temperature type)|
|Supply：||Two-wire system (DC24V) / Four-wire system (DC24V/AC220V)|
|Signal Output：||Exia ⅡC T6 Ga / Exd IIC T6 Gb|
|Outer Covering：||Aluminum Single Chamber / Aluminum Dual Chamber / Plastic / Stainless Steel Single Chamber|
|Explosion-proof Grade：||4…20mA/HART (two-wire/four-wire) / RS485 Mod bus|
|Antenna Material||stainless steel|
Radar Level Gauge application
Solid and liquid measurement.
It is applied to the occasions with large dust, easy to crystallize and condensation.
It is widely used for continuous level measurement of external floating roof tanks, gas tanks, pulverized coal silos, cement, and uneven surfaces.
It is also suitable for measuring the liquid level of a large range of turbulent rivers.
The parabolic antenna is suitable for both liquid and solid applications. As it has the largest diameter it has the most narrow radar beam and can be used for extremely long measuring distances. The parabolic is also the antenna type most insensitive to contamination. It can be used in applications with severe antenna condensation like asphalt and liquid sulphur.
The Rosemount 5900S antennas have a drip-off design which for some versions also include inclined polished PTFE surfaces. Condensation on the antenna is minimized, and the radar signal remains strong. This results in maintenance free operation, high accuracy and reliability.
There is always a suitable antenna for every tank type, tank opening and application:
- Still-pipe array
SIRD-904 Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna is a cheap alternative to Rosemount 5900S. If you have any technical questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Radar Antenna Types, please refer to:
Radar Tank Gauging System
Liquid level measurement system based on fieldbus of radar level gauge.
The radar level gauge provides 4-20mA output signal superimposed with HART, and also provides a digital field bus transmission method.
In the tank area measurement system, the tank area measurement signal is transmitted to the control system through the field bus of the radar level gauge.
The field bus can transmit multiple process parameters at the same time, which greatly simplifies the connection line and reduces the cost.
And at the same time of the transmission process, the identifier of the instrument and simple diagnostic information can also be transmitted together.
The field bus is bidirectional, so it is possible to calibrate, adjust and operate the field intelligent instrument in the control room. It can even predict the failure before it occurs.
Using the characteristics of data transmission based on the fieldbus of the radar level gauge, a level measurement system is constructed for the tank farm.
A radar level gauge is used for level measurement.
It communicates with the radar communication unit installed in the control room through the field bus.
Then the radar communication unit communicates with the control system through the RS-485 bus. While transmitting the liquid level of each storage tank, the temperature, pressure, density and other detection signals are accurately transmitted to the control system through the radar level gauge for concentration. Monitoring.
Realize the measurement of the entire tank area.
The fieldbus transmission mode of radar level gauge has the following advantages in project implementation:
- The use of fieldbus network. It solves the problem of centralized detection of distributed oil storage tanks. It is convenient for networked management. It makes the system more practical, stable and reliable.
- Digital transmission method. It can transmit multiple process variables at the same time. It greatly simplifies the signal connection line. It saves a lot of cables, protective sleeves, trough boxes, bridges and threading boxes and other corresponding auxiliary materials. It greatly reduces the cost .
- The wiring is simple. If you need to add field instruments, you only need to connect to the original network in parallel. There is no need to lay it in the cabinet room. It saves cables and reduces investment. It also reduces the workload of design and installation.
- Project implementation is more convenient. The project period is short. The workload is greatly reduced. The maintenance and installation costs are reduced.
How a radar level gauge works?
The radar level gauge antenna emits narrow microwave pulses. Downward transmission via the antenna. After the microwave touches the surface of the measured medium, it is reflected back and received by the antenna system again. The signal transmitted to the electronic circuit is automatically converted into a level signal. Because microwaves travel so fast, the time it takes for electromagnetic waves to reach the target and return to the receiver by reflection is almost instantaneous.
How do you calibrate radar type level transmitter?
Set up the guided wave radar level transmitter,
HART communicator, power supply,
and the multimeter as below (see below calibration setup Diagram).
Check the configuration of the lower range value (0% level, 4 mA) and high range value (100% level, 20 mA). Make sure that the inputted data is as per the datasheet.
For example, the lower range value is 10 inch and the high range value is 35 inch (both of it are measured from the bottom of level transmitter probe)
Fill the level transmitter chamber with water up to the 0% level. Read the level measurement in the transmitter LCD (or in the HART communicator). Set this condition as 0% level through HART communicator.
Read the mA output of the transmitter by using a multimeter. Adjust (if any) through the HART communicator so that the output of the transmitter (on the multimeter) is 4 mA.
Fill the level transmitter chamber with water up to the 100% level. Read the level measurement in the transmitter LCD (or in the HART communicator). Set this condition as 100% level through HART communicator.
Read the mA output of the transmitter by using a multimeter. Adjust (if any) through the HART communicator so that the output of the transmitter (on the multimeter) is 20 mA.
Request a Quote
Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna for tank gauging system
Radar Level Gauge with Parabolic Antenna can be used in applications where the antenna is severely condensed. When there are many interferences in the storage
Product SKU: SIRD-904
Product Brand: Sino-Inst
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 500
Price Valid Until: 2029-08-07T16:13:31
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock