What Is a Water Level Transducer?
Water level transducers are also called Water Level Sensors, or water level transmitters. Water level transducers are used to monitor water usage and quality. The water level signal is output through 4-20mA and other signals, which is convenient for people to monitor the water level.
There are many types of water level transducers. Common ones are input type, ultrasonic, radar and so on.
Sino-Inst offer a wide range of solutions with various pressure ranges, cable lengths and output options.
For remote monitoring and recording of water level data in groundwater pumping and sludge testing, stormwater flood analysis and runoff, and surface water irrigation canals, streams and river measurements.
Featured water level transmitters for Sale
level transducer types
In various industrial production processes, many auxiliary safety products are used. Among them, level transducer, as one of the most common auxiliary products, has many names. The following are 20 common level transducers:
- Magnetic flap liquid level transducer
- Float level transducer
- Steel belt level transducer
- Radar level transmitter
- Magnetostrictive liquid level transducer
- RF Admittance Level Transducer
- Tuning Fork Level Meter
- Glass plate/glass tube level transducer
- Hydrostatic level transmitter
- pressure level transmitter
- Capacitive Level Transducer
- Intelligent electric displacer liquid level transducer
- Buoy Level Transducer
- Displacer Level Transmitter
- Electric contact level transducer
- Magnetic two-color electronic liquid level transducer
- External level transmitter
- Hydrostatic Level Transducer
- Ultrasonic Level Transducer
- Differential pressure level transmitter (double flange level transmitter)
types of water level sensors
We can divide Water Level Sensors into two categories by measuring whether they are in contact with the water level.
One type is contact type. Including single flange static pressure/double flange differential pressure level transmitter, float type level transmitter, magnetic level transmitter, input type level transmitter, electric internal float level transmitter Sensors, electric float level transmitters, capacitive level transmitters, magnetostrictive level transmitters, service level transmitters, etc.
The second category is non-contact. Divided into the ultrasonic level transmitter, radar level transmitter, and so on.
Extended Reading: Chilled Water Flow Meter
How does a water level transducer work?
Water level transducer is an instrument that can convert the water level parameter of the measured point into the corresponding electric quantity signal in real time.
The working principle of the Water level transducer is that when it is put into a certain depth in the liquid to be measured. The pressure on the sensor’s front surface is converted into the liquid level height.
The calculation formula is Ρ=ρ.g.H+Po.
In the formula P is the pressure on the liquid surface of the sensor;
ρ is the density of the liquid to be measured;
g is the local acceleration of gravity;
Po is the atmospheric pressure on the liquid surface;
And H is the depth at which the sensor drops into the liquid.
industrial water level sensor advantages and disadvantages
At present, the Submersible Water Level Sensor is the most used one.
Submersible Water level transducers generally use the piezoresistive effect of diffused silicon or ceramic sensing elements. Convert static pressure into electrical signal. Temperature compensated and linearity corrected. Converted to 4-20mADC standard current signal output.
The Submersible Water level transducer is directly put into the liquid, and the transmitter part can be fixed by flange or bracket, which is extremely convenient to install and use.
The benefits of water level sensors
- Good stability and high precision;
- The Submersible Water Level Sensor is put directly into the measured medium. It is very convenient to install and use;
- Input type, straight rod type, flange type, threaded type, inductive type, screw-in type, floating ball structure design. Anti-blocking design is available.
- Simple installation, convenient use and strong interchangeability. High-quality level gauges have high sensitivity.
- The response speed is fast, and it accurately reflects the subtle changes of flowing or static liquid level.
- High measurement accuracy.
- Solid-state structure, no moving parts, high reliability.
- Long service life High-precision measurements are possible from water and oil to more viscous pastes.
- A wide range of temperature compensation is not affected by the foaming, deposition, and electrical properties of the measured medium.
- The Submersible Water Level Sensor has power reverse polarity protection and overload current limiting protection.
The disadvantages of Submersible Water Level Sensor are:
- The measurement signal needs to be converted;
- Cannot measure the temperature of high temperature medium over 125℃;
- The density of the measuring medium must be uniform.
These points also limit its scope of use. But for water level measurement, Submersible Water Level Sensor is the perfect choice.
water level sensor applications
Uses of water level sensors include the following applications:
- Water level measurement in pools and tanks
- River and lake water level measurement
- Marine level measurement
- Level measurement of acid and alkali liquids
- Oil level measurement of oil trucks and mailboxes
- swimming pool water level control
- Tsunami Warning and Sea Level Monitoring
- Cooling tower water level control
- Sewage pump level control
- Liquid level remote monitoring
digital water level recorder
Paperless Recorder is an intelligent Digital chart recorder. Data can be remotely recorded, analyzed, stored, and signal output. LCD color screen, maximum 16 channels.
R7100 series color paperless recorder supports 1-16 channels of universal input. R7100 has a powerful display function, real-time curve display, historical curve recall, bar graph display, alarm list display, power-down list display.
Configurable and optional inputs: standard voltage, standard current, thermocouple, thermal resistance, frequency, switch value, pulse, etc. It can be equipped with 6 relay alarm outputs, 6 feed outputs, 4 transmitter outputs, and RS232/485 communication interface is optional. Bluetooth function, GPRS function Ethernet interface, micro printer interface and USB interface.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of digital water level recorder instruments for industrial control. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Sino-Inst offers over 10 Water Level Transducers About 50% of these are submersible liquid level meters, 40% is the others types.
A wide variety of Water Level Transducers for Liquid Level Measurement options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of Water Level Transducers for Liquid Level Measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote