Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor refers to an ultrasonic level sensor that can complete water level measurement.
Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor is also often called “Ultrasonic Level Sensor”, “Ultrasonic Level Detector”, “Ultrasonic Level Sensor 4-20ma” or “Ultrasonic Level Transmitter” “Ultrasonic liquid level sensor”. Of course, Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor can not only monitor the water level, but also extend the level switch and level controller. Used for non-contact measurement and control of industrial liquid/water tank water level.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors for level measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Featured Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors-Best Price
The specific ultrasonic water level sensor price needs to be selected and quoted according to your measurement parameters. Please contact Sino-Inst sales engineer!
Ultrasonic water level sensor working principle
The working principle of the ultrasonic liquid level sensor is:
Ultrasonic transducer (probe) emits high-frequency pulse sound waves, and the surface of the measured level (material) is reflected back. The reflected echo is received by the transducer and converted into an electrical signal. The propagation time of the sound wave is proportional to the distance from the sound wave to the surface of the object.
The relationship between the sound wave transmission distance S and the sound speed C and the sound transmission time T can be expressed by the formula: S=C×T/2.
The probe part emits ultrasonic waves, which are then reflected by the liquid surface. The probe part is received again. The distance from the probe to the liquid (object) surface is proportional to the elapsed time of the ultrasonic wave:
hb = CT2
Distance [m] = time × speed of sound/2 [m]
The temperature compensation formula of sound velocity:
Ambient sound velocity = 331.5 + 0.6 × temperature
Ultrasonic Sensors Vs. Other Solutions in Level Sensing
Common types of level Sensors
- Magnetic flap level sensor
- Float level sensor
- Steel belt level sensor
- Radar level sensor
- Magnetostrictive level sensor
- Radio frequency admittance level sensor
- Tuning fork level sensor
- Glass plate/glass tube level sensor
- Static pressure level sensor
- Pressure level transmitter
- Capacitive level sensor
- Intelligent electric float level sensor
- Buoy level sensor
- Float level transmitter
- Electric contact level sensor
- Magnetic-sensitive two-color electronic level gauge
- External measurement level sensor
- Static pressure level gauge
- Ultrasonic level sensor
- Differential pressure level sensor (double flange level gauge)
Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors VS Radar Water Level Gauges
- Different measuring ranges
Ultrasonic level measurement range: 0-50 meters;
The radar level gauge can measure special quantities in vacuum and can measure all media with a constant >1.2, and the measurement range can reach 70 meters.
- Different emission materials
The ultrasonic level gauge emits sound waves from the sensor (transducer), which is reflected by the liquid surface and then received by the same sensor or ultrasonic receiver;
Very short microwave pulses with very low energy emitted by the radar level gauge are transmitted and received through the antenna system, and the radar waves move at the speed of light.
- Measuring substance:
Ultrasonic level gauges are widely used for height measurement of various liquids and solid materials. Water and sewage treatment: pump house, collection well, biochemical reaction tank, sedimentation tank, etc. / Electricity, mine: mortar tank, coal slurry tank, water treatment, etc.
The radar level gauge can measure liquid and solid media. For example: crude oil, slurry, raw coal, pulverized coal, volatile liquid, etc.
- Matters needing attention:
When using the ultrasonic level gauge, try to avoid measuring foamy liquid/solid, surrounding strong voltage, strong current, strong electromagnetic interference, try to avoid high voltage, high current and strong electromagnetic interference, strong wind and direct sunlight, strong vibration, etc. .
Ultrasonic Liquid Level Sensors and Switches
The main function of Ultrasonic Liquid Level Sensors is to measure liquid level values and output standard 4-20mA signals.
The main function of Ultrasonic Liquid Level Switches is to measure liquid level values. Relay output, for liquid level switch control.
Ultrasonic Water Level Controller
Liquid level controller refers to the control of high and low liquid levels through mechanical or electronic methods. It Can control solenoid valves, water pumps, etc. So as to achieve semi-automation or full automation. There are many methods, depending on the choice of different products.
Ultrasonic Non-contact Liquid Level Controller is attached to the outside of the tank. Non-contact detection of tank liquid level. Liquid Level Controller supports liquid level alarm, fault alarm, and 485, Modbus, 4-20mA, FoundationFieldBus, PROFIBUS or Hart.
Ultrasonic Level Sensor Advantages and Disadvantages
The advantages of ultrasonic liquid level gauge are very outstanding. It is mainly reflected in the following aspects:
- The structure is simple. The reading is convenient. It is very easy to install and maintain.
- Safe and clean. The instrument has long service life. The measurement is stable and reliable with high precision.
- Adopt non-contact measurement. It is not easily affected by the viscosity and density of the liquid.
Of course, the ultrasonic liquid level gauge also has its own limitations and insurmountable defects. Specifically, it is mainly manifested in:
- There is a blind spot in the ultrasonic liquid level measurement. The dead zone is the area where the meter cannot measure. During the transmission of ultrasonic pulses, a small area near the ultrasonic transducer usually cannot receive sound waves. The blind zone where sound waves cannot be received is related to the measurement distance of ultrasonic waves. Generally speaking, the smaller the measurement distance, the smaller the blind zone. The larger the measurement distance, the larger the blind zone;
- Ultrasonic liquid level measurement is easily affected by temperature. In the actual measurement, the change of temperature will cause the change of sound speed. This will lead to errors in the measurement;
- There should be no obstacles under the sound wave. Because the ultrasonic liquid level meter uses the principle of sound wave reflection to achieve liquid level measurement. If there are obstacles, it will affect the ultrasonic emission, causing signal loss and affecting the measurement effect;
- Ultrasonic liquid level gauge should not be used to measure pressure vessels. Because the pressure mainly affects the probe. There is also a certain relationship between the pressure and the temperature. The change in pressure will affect the change in temperature. This will affect the change in the speed of sound. The accuracy of the measurement will be affected;
- Ultrasonic liquid level gauge can not be used in the occasions with water mist, medium that is easy to produce a lot of foam, and volatile medium. Because this kind of working condition is easy to absorb the sound wave or interfere with the sound wave emission, the signal is lost and the accuracy is reduced;
- Ultrasonic liquid level gauge is greatly affected by dust. This is because although the dust environment has little effect on the speed of sound, it has a very significant effect on the attenuation of sound waves. Therefore, it is best not to use an ultrasonic level gauge in the presence of dust.
Ultrasonic Level Measurement Applications
- The flexible design of the ultrasonic liquid level sensor can be applied to integrated systems or replace float switches, conductivity switches and static pressure sensors;
- It is suitable for the comprehensive application of fluid control and chemical supply system;
- Widely used in various atmospheric storage tanks, process tanks, small tanks and small containers, pump lifting stations, waste water storage tanks.
Ultrasonic level sensor for tanks
Ultrasonic liquid level measurement is a non-contact measurement method. At present, ultrasonic level gauges are also widely used in industry. For example, when measuring the oil level in an oil tank, an ultrasonic level gauge is needed to measure the oil level in the storage tank. Ultrasound has a certain adaptability to the dark, dust, smoke, electromagnetic interference, and poisonous environment of the measured object. Therefore, the application of ultrasound in high-precision ranging systems has important practical significance.
Ultrasonic fuel tank level sensor, also called non-contact fuel meter. Ultrasonic level sensor measure continuous liquid level, fluid level, or oil level.
Ultrasonic level sensors measure the distance between the transducer and the surface. Using the time required for an ultrasound pulse to travel from a transducer to the fluid surface and back (TOF). These sensors use frequencies in the tens of kilohertz range; transit times are ~6 ms/m. The speed of sound (340 m/s in air at 15 degrees C, 1115 fps at 60 degrees F) depends on the mixture of gases in the headspace and their temperature.
Ultrasonic sensors work without the need to touch the medium being measured. Ultrasonic sensors are ideal for difficult or corrosive liquids such as acids, wastewater, and others. Ultrasonic level sensors are also ideal for continuous level measurement. While float switches and other sensors are adept at measuring when liquid levels are above or below a certain point. The nature of ultrasonic level measurement is such that levels can be sensed and displayed in real-time.
Can ultrasonic sensor detect water level?
Yes. Ultrasonic sensors can be used for water level measurement. And, most of the time, ultrasonic water level sensor is a common choice for water level measurement sensors.
How does ultrasonic water level sensor work?
The ultrasonic level sensor adopts the ultrasonic pulse echo method to achieve liquid level measurement. Specifically, the transducer (probe) of the ultrasonic level gauge emits high-frequency ultrasonic pulses. When it encounters the surface of the liquid level to be measured, the sound wave is reflected back, and part of the reflected echo is received by the transducer (probe) and converted into With electrical signals, users can know the water level almost in real time based on the reflected signals.
Which sensor is used in water level indicator?
There are 7 main types of level transmitters that Sino-Inst offers for water level indicate. Each type of transmitter works in a different way, and makes it useful for different types of processes.
- Capacitance Level Transmitters
- Hydrostatic Level Transmitters
- Magnetic Level Transmitters
- Radar Fill Level Transmitters
- Ultrasonic Level Transmitter
- Guided Microwave Level Transmitters
- Liquid Level Transmitters
Related products and water level measurement technology
Sino-Inst is a manufacturer of Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors.
Sino-Inst offers over 20 Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors at best price. About 50% of these are Pressure level Transducer, 40% are Differential Pressure transmitters, and 40% are Ultrasonic Water Level transmitters.
A wide variety of Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors, located in China. Sino-Inst sells through a mature distribution network that reaches all 50 states and 30 countries worldwide. Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors products are most popular in Domestic Market, Southeast Asia, and Mid East.
You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers, with ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
Request a Quote