The SI-SBW explosion proof field mounted HART temperature transmitter,
features a local display, HART compatibility, and a 4-20mA output.
The field mounted transmitter is available as a complete RTD,
or thermocouple assembly customized to your process.
Series SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter
The Series SI-SBW HART® temperature transmitter is a 2-wire transmitter,
with an analog output.
It has measurement input for resistance thermometers (RTD) in 2-, 3- or 4-wire connections,
thermocouples, resistance and voltage inputs.
The transmitter can be programmed with a PC or HART® protocol hand-held terminal.
These small units can be mounted in Pyromation DIN (Form B) connection heads,
or they can be used for surface mounting by using a 35 mm DIN-rail mounting clip.
Key Features of SI-SBW Field Mounted HART Temperature Transmitter
- Universal settings with HART® protocol for various signals.
- Galvanic isolation
- 2-wire technology, (4 to 20) mA analog output
- High accuracy in total ambient temperature range
- Fault signal on sensor break or short circuit
- UL Recognized Component
- Intrinsically safe and non-incendive for hazardous locations
- RTD or TC input, analog output
- High definition local operator interface (LOI) with 3 optical buttons
- Selectable red or white backlight
- Ex d explosion proof / flame proof aluminum head
- HART 7 functionality with HART 5 compatibility
High Definition Display of SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter
- 0, 90, 180, & 270 degree position adjustments
- Monitoring, programming and diagnostics view
- Extensive diagnostics with flashing red or white backlight
Local Operator Interface (LOI) of SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter
- 3 optical buttons; up, down and enter
- Dynamically adaptive to wear or accumulation of dirt
- Immune to interference from ambient light sources
- Useable with or without gloves
Configuration of SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter
- From the LOI through guided menu
- PReset and HART modem
- HHC, DCS or AMS via HART
SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter Mounting / Installation
- For installation in zone 0, 1, 2 and zone 20, 21, 22 and in Class 1, Division 1 and 2 applications
- Hardware assessed for use in SIL 2 applications
- Mounting on 1.5”–2” pipe bracket or on wall / bulkhead
SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter Application
- Linearized temperature measurement with TC and RTD sensors e.g. Pt100 and Ni100
- HART communication and 4…20 mA analog PV output for individual, difference or the average temperature measurement of up to two RTD or TC input sensors
- Up to 63 transmitters (HART 7) can be connected in a multi-drop communication setup
- Temperature measurement of a wide range of TC and RTD types.
- Conversion of wide span linear resistance and potentiometer inputs.
- Conversion of bipolar mV signals to 4…20 mA.
- Integration into asset management schemes.
- Critical applications requiring superior accuracy and/or sensor redundancy and drift detection.
Technical Characteristics ofSI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter
- NAMUR NE43 and NE89
- HART protocol revision can be changed by user configuration to either HART 5 or HART 7 protocol
- True dual input transmitter. The high-density 7-terminal design accepts the widest range of dual input combinations.
- Sensor redundancy – output automatically switches to the secondary sensor in the event of primary sensor failure, maintaining uptime.
- Sensor drift detection – alerts when sensor differential exceeds user-defined limits, for maintenance optimization.
- Dynamic variable mapping for process data in addition to the primary variable e.g. dual input features such as average, differential and min./max. tracking.
- Groundbreaking digital and analog signal accuracy over full input span and ambient conditions.
- Extensive sensor matching including Callendar Van Dusen and custom linearizations.
- Programmable input limits with runtime metering ensure maximum process traceability and sensor out of range protection.
- IEC 61508: 2010 full assessment up to SIL 3 together with enhanced EMC Functional Safety testing to IEC 61236-3-1.
- Meets NAMUR NE21, NE43, NE44, NE89, NE95, and NE107 compliant diagnostics information.
Specifications of SI-SBW HART Temperature Transmitter
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
|Relative humidity||0…100% RH (condensing)|
|Protection degree||IP54 / IP66 / IP68 / type 4X|
|Dimensions||Ø 110 mm|
|Dimensions (HxWxD), aluminum||109.3 x 145 x 126 mm|
|Wire size||0.13 x1.5 mm2 / AWG 26…16 stranded wire|
|Screw terminal torque||0.4 Nm|
|2…25 Hz||±1.6 g|
|25…100 Hz||±4 g|
|Number of digits||5|
|Backlight color||Selectable white or red|
|RTD type||Pt50/100/200/500/1000; Ni50/100/120/1000|
|Cable resistance per wire||5 Ω (up to 50 Ω per wire is possible with reduced measurement accuracy)|
|Sensor current||Nom. 0.2 mA|
|Thermocouple type||B, E, J, K, N, R, S, T|
|Cold junction compensation (CJC)||Constant, internal or external via a Pt100 or Ni100 sensor|
4-20mA Output Specifications
|Signal range||4…20 mA|
|Min. signal range||16 mA|
|Load (@ current output)||≤ (Vsupply – 10) / 0.023 [Ω]|
|Load resistance, with backlight||≤ (Vsupply – 12) / 0.023 [Ω]|
|Sensor error indication||Programmable 3.5…23 mA|
|NAMUR NE43 Upscale/Downscale||23 mA / 3.5 mA|
|Updating time||440 ms|
|HART protocol revisions||HART 7 and HART 5|
Sino-Instrument has always been a famous digital thermometer manufacturer, China
Our main products are:
digital bimetal thermometer, remote bimetal thermometer,
shock pressure gauge, temperature transmitter,
Special specifications can be customized/OEM,
according to the drawings or samples provided by the user.
If you need the datasheet, price, or more information about SI-DTM Digital Thermometer/Transmitter
Just Contact Us.