The external ultrasonic tank level sensors is the first choice for measuring liquid level and material level on various industrial sites.
The external ultrasonic tank level sensor is a high-tech product that integrates ultrasound, electronics and software. So How do external ultrasonic tank level sensors work? Can external ultrasonic tank level sensors detect water level? What are the benefits?
Let’s start reading
What Is External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor?
Ultrasonic level meter is a high-tech product that integrates ultrasound, electronics and software. The various indicators of the ultrasonic level meter have reached the advanced level of similar products in the world. and it is the first-choice instrument for measuring liquid level and material level on various industrial sites.
How Do External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors Work?
Install the ultrasonic probe directly below the outer wall of the container under test. No need to open holes, easy to install, and does not affect on-site production. It can accurately measure various toxic substances and various pure liquids in high temperature and high pressure airtight containers.The instrument has built-in ASIC (Intelligent Ultrasonic Special Hardware Integrated Circuit), which makes the instrument small in size, stable and reliable in measurement results, and can be suitable for various liquids and containers to be tested. It is easy to install on site and does not require complex on-site calibration.
The instrument has built-in various calibration functions such as automatic temperature correction and automatic fixed distance calibration to make the measurement results more accurate and reliable. The Internet of Things can be realized through GPRS and Wifi.
Can External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors Detect Water Level?
Ultrasonic liquid level sensor can be used for water level measurement. The principle of ultrasonic reflection used. According to the contact between the sound wave emitted by the pool ultrasonic liquid level gauge and the liquid surface. According to the length of time it reflects back. To measure the height of the liquid level in the tank.
Liquid level sensors are used in many sites to detect some conditions that require liquid level monitoring. It is well known that the liquid level of some sewage treatment tanks, the liquid level on the tank, the liquid level on the river channel and so on.
Float Level Sensors – Single and Multipointhttps://www.drurylandetheatre.com/float-level-sensors-single-and-multipoint/
SI-U01 Float Level Sensorhttps://www.drurylandetheatre.com/si-u01-float-level-sensor/
How Do You Mount An External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor?
The probe is installed externally, no need to open a hole in the container to be tested, and truly realize non-contact measurement.It is suitable for accurate measurement of the liquid level of toxic, volatile, flammable, explosive, strong pressure, strong corrosive and other liquid media in various closed containers.The instrument has no mechanical moving parts and has a long life. No corrosion, no pollution, wide use area.
What Are The Benefits?
- Safe : No valves, connecting pipes, joints, no leaks, no contact with the liquid and gas in the tank, very safe, when measuring toxic, corrosive, pressure, flammable, volatile, and easy to leak liquids
- Hygiene: liquid level detection and monitoring projects in brewing, beverages, milk production, storage tanks, pipelines, etc. do not come in contact with liquids and cause pollution.
- Convenient installation and maintenance: no fire or tank cleaning during installation and maintenance will not affect production.
- Multiple power supply methods available
- Backup and restore configuration parameters
- The analog output can be adjusted arbitrarily
- With digital filtering and echo recognition function
- Fixed interference filtering function can be manually set
- Support custom serial data format
- Support custom main display interface
- Support RS485, 4-20mA, switch output
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry: liquid level control of reaction liquid in pipelines and storage tanks, etc.
- Petrochemical industry: oil pipeline, internal liquid level control of storage tanks, etc.
- Food industry: liquid level detection and monitoring projects in brewing, beverage, milk production, storage tanks, pipelines, etc.
|Range||1m, 3m, 5m, 8m, 10m, 15m, 20m, 25m, 30m|
|different from the sensor, too thick tank wall, unstable pressure and temperature may affect accuracy|
|Display||Chinese and English large screen LCD, color screen TFT (optional)|
|4～20mA (maximum load 350Ω), RS485, switch value, TF card, GPRS, GPS|
|Power supply||DC12-24V or AC220V|
|Shell material||cast aluminum|
|Installation method||direct magnetic adsorption or adhesive transfer sheet (ferromagnetic), then magnetic adsorption|
|Sensor outlet cable||with standard 10M (optional length, optional sensor cable sheath)|
|Electrical interface specification||M20X1.5|
|Diameter of threading hole||5-15mm|
|Power inlet cable||10m (optional length)|
|Ambient temperature of the host||-20℃~+70℃|
|The ambient temperature of the ultrasonic probe||-40℃～+100℃|
the liquid cannot be filled with dense bubbles. A large amount of solids, such as crystals, cannot be suspended in the liquid.The bottom of the container cannot deposit a large amount of sand and sediment.
When the dynamic viscosity is less than 10mPaS, it is measured normally. When 10mPaS<dynamic viscosity<30mPaS, the range of the instrument may be reduced. It cannot be measured when the dynamic viscosity is >30mPaS.
note: As the temperature increases, the viscosity decreases, and most high-viscosity liquids are more affected by temperature. Therefore, pay attention to the effect of liquid temperature when measuring viscous liquids.
Container Under Test
- 1. Material: The container wall where the measuring probe is installed is required to be made of hard materials that can transmit signals well. Examples: carbon steel, stainless steel, various hard metals, glass steel, hard plastics, ceramics, glass, hard rubber and other materials or their composite materials. If the container wall where the measuring probe is installed is of multilayer material, the layers should be in close contact with no bubbles or gas interlayers. The inner and outer surfaces of the container wall should be flat. Examples: vulcanized hard rubber lining, stainless steel lining, titanium lining Floor.
- 2. Wall thickness: 1-100mm
- 3. Tank type: spherical tank, horizontal tank, vertical tank, etc.
Probe Installation Requirements:
- For iron containers, you can apply silicone grease to the working end of the probe and stick it directly to the bottom of the container with a magnetic suction cup; if the container shell is made of glass or other materials, you can use glue to fix the probe or use a bracket to fix it. The bottom of the container. The probe point must be on the same straight line as the measured distance.
- There are no obstructions such as coils directly above the probe;
- Keep away from the liquid inlet at the bottom of the tank to avoid the influence of the violent flow of the liquid on the measurement;
- Keep away from the position below the liquid inlet on the top of the tank to avoid the impact of the liquid inlet and the violent fluctuation of the liquid level to affect the measurement;
- It is higher than the liquid outlet or the sewage outlet to avoid the influence of long-term deposits on the bottom of the tank on the measurement. If the conditions are not met, measures should be taken to ensure that the bottom of the tank is regularly removed;
- When the liquid level measuring head is installed by magnetic or welding/adhesive fixing method, the installation surface size on the container wall should not be less than the round surface of Ф80, the surface roughness should reach 1.6, and the inclination should be less than 3°(bypass pipe exce
Request a Quote