The external ultrasonic tank level sensors is the first choice for measuring liquid level and material level on various industrial tanks.
The intelligent ultrasonic tank level sensor installs the ultrasonic probe directly under the tank when measuring. No need to open holes, easy to install. Does not affect on-site production. It can measure various toxic substances and pure liquids in high temperature and high pressure airtight containers. The instrument adopts explosion-proof design to meet explosion-proof requirements. The Internet of Things can be realized through GPRS and Wifi.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of ultrasonic level meters for tank level measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Features of External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor
- The probe is external, no need to open a hole to the container under test.. Really realize non-contact measurement.
- It is suitable for accurate measurement of the liquid level of toxic, volatile, flammable, explosive, and highly corrosive liquid media in various closed containers.
- The instrument has no mechanical moving parts and has a long life. No corrosion, no pollution, wide use area.
- The instrument has built-in ASIC (Intelligent Ultrasonic Special Hardware Integrated Circuit), which makes the instrument small in size, stable and reliable in measurement results. It can be suitable for all kinds of liquids and containers to be tested, and it is easy to install on site without complicated on-site calibration.
- The instrument has built-in various calibration functions such as automatic temperature correction and automatic fixed distance calibration. The measurement results are more accurate and reliable.
- The instrument has complete functions, with RS485 output, 4-20mA output, and switch output.
- Multiple power supply methods available
- Backup and restore configuration parameters
- The analog output can be adjusted arbitrarily
- With digital filtering and echo recognition functions
- Fixed interference filtering function can be manually set
- Support Bluetooth, GPRS communication, GPS satellite positioning, etc. (Order to buy)
- Support custom serial data format
- Support custom main display interface
- Support MiniSD card data collection (order option)
Technical Parameter of External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor
|Range||1m, 3m, 5m, 8m, 10m, 15m, 20m, 25m, 30m|
|different from the sensor, too thick tank wall, unstable pressure and temperature may affect accuracy|
|Display||Chinese and English large screen LCD, color screen TFT (optional)|
|Output||4～20mA (maximum load 350Ω), RS485, switch value, TF card, GPRS, GPS|
|Power supply||DC12-24V or AC220V|
|Shell material||cast aluminum|
|Installation method||direct magnetic adsorption or adhesive transfer sheet (ferromagnetic), then magnetic adsorption|
|Sensor outlet cable||with standard 10M (optional length, optional sensor cable sheath)|
|Electrical interface specification||M20X1.5|
|Diameter of threading hole||5-15mm|
|Power inlet cable||10m (optional length)|
|Ambient temperature of the host||-20℃~+70℃|
|The ambient temperature of the ultrasonic probe||-40℃～+100℃|
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry: liquid level control of reaction liquid in pipelines and storage tanks, etc.
- Petrochemical industry: oil pipeline, internal liquid level control of storage tanks, etc.
- Food industry: liquid level detection and monitoring projects in brewing, beverage, milk production, storage tanks, pipelines, etc.
the liquid cannot be filled with dense bubbles. A large amount of solids, such as crystals, cannot be suspended in the liquid.The bottom of the container cannot deposit a large amount of sand and sediment.
When the dynamic viscosity is less than 10mPaS, it is measured normally. When 10mPaS<dynamic viscosity<30mPaS, the range of the instrument may be reduced. It cannot be measured when the dynamic viscosity is >30mPaS.
note: As the temperature increases, the viscosity decreases, and most high-viscosity liquids are more affected by temperature. Therefore, pay attention to the effect of liquid temperature when measuring viscous liquids.
Container Under Test
- Material: The container wall where the measuring probe is installed is required to be made of hard materials that can transmit signals well. Examples: carbon steel, stainless steel, various hard metals, glass steel, hard plastics, ceramics, glass, hard rubber and other materials or their composite materials. If the container wall where the measuring probe is installed is of multilayer material, the layers should be in close contact with no bubbles or gas interlayers. The inner and outer surfaces of the container wall should be flat. Examples: vulcanized hard rubber lining, stainless steel lining, titanium lining Floor.
- Wall thickness: 1-100mm
- Tank type: spherical tank, horizontal tank, vertical tank, etc.
Probe Installation Requirements:
- For iron containers, you can apply silicone grease to the working end of the probe and stick it directly to the bottom of the container with a magnetic suction cup; if the container shell is made of glass or other materials, you can use glue to fix the probe or use a bracket to fix it. The bottom of the container. The probe point must be on the same straight line as the measured distance.
- There are no obstructions such as coils directly above the probe;
- Keep away from the liquid inlet at the bottom of the tank to avoid the influence of the violent flow of the liquid on the measurement;
- Keep away from the position below the liquid inlet on the top of the tank to avoid the impact of the liquid inlet and the violent fluctuation of the liquid level to affect the measurement;
- It is higher than the liquid outlet or the sewage outlet to avoid the influence of long-term deposits on the bottom of the tank on the measurement. If the conditions are not met, measures should be taken to ensure that the bottom of the tank is regularly removed;
- When the liquid level measuring head is installed by magnetic or welding/adhesive fixing method, the installation surface size on the container wall should not be less than the round surface of Ф80, the surface roughness should reach 1.6, and the inclination should be less than 3°(bypass pipe exce
What Is External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor?
Ultrasonic level meter is a high-tech product that integrates ultrasound, electronics and software. The various indicators of the ultrasonic level meter have reached the advanced level of similar products in the world. and it is the first-choice instrument for measuring liquid level and material level on various industrial sites.
How Do External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors Work?
Install the ultrasonic probe directly below the outer wall of the container under test. No need to open holes, easy to install, and does not affect on-site production. It can accurately measure various toxic substances and various pure liquids in high temperature and high pressure airtight containers.The instrument has built-in ASIC (Intelligent Ultrasonic Special Hardware Integrated Circuit), which makes the instrument small in size, stable and reliable in measurement results, and can be suitable for various liquids and containers to be tested. It is easy to install on site and does not require complex on-site calibration.
The instrument has built-in various calibration functions such as automatic temperature correction and automatic fixed distance calibration to make the measurement results more accurate and reliable. The Internet of Things can be realized through GPRS and Wifi.
How Do You Mount An External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor?
The probe is installed externally, no need to open a hole in the container to be tested, and truly realize non-contact measurement.It is suitable for accurate measurement of the liquid level of toxic, volatile, flammable, explosive, strong pressure, strong corrosive and other liquid media in various closed containers.The instrument has no mechanical moving parts and has a long life. No corrosion, no pollution, wide use area.
What Are The Benefits?
- Safe : No valves, connecting pipes, joints, no leaks, no contact with the liquid and gas in the tank, very safe, when measuring toxic, corrosive, pressure, flammable, volatile, and easy to leak liquids
- Hygiene: liquid level detection and monitoring projects in brewing, beverages, milk production, storage tanks, pipelines, etc. do not come in contact with liquids and cause pollution.
- Convenient installation and maintenance: no fire or tank cleaning during installation and maintenance will not affect production.
When measuring the External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor, install the ultrasonic probe directly under the outer wall (bottom) of the container under test. No need to open holes, easy to install, and does not affect on-site production. It can be used to treat various toxic substances in high temperature and high pressure airtight containers. Accurate measurement of a pure liquid.
The External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor adopts explosion-proof design to meet explosion-proof requirements. The probe is installed externally, no need to open a hole in the container to be tested, real non-contact measurement, suitable for accurate liquid level of toxic, volatile, flammable, explosive, strong pressure, strong corrosive and other liquid media in various closed containers measuring.
The External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor has no mechanical moving parts and has a long life. No corrosion, no pollution, wide use area.
In the design work, a reasonable and optimized External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor selection scheme was made according to each project. Judging from the production and application, the effect is very good.
1.Field application of butadiene
In a rubber project, it is necessary to measure the level of butadiene in the spherical tank. Butadiene is prone to self-polymerization to produce high molecular polymers, and the selection of ordinary liquid level meters is limited. According to the requirements of “Tank Area Automation System Design Regulations”, “Each pressure storage tank should be equipped with two sets of independent and different types of liquid level measuring instruments”. If the conventional contact liquid level gauge is selected for this project, butadiene is at the dead corner of the detection port The possibility of self-aggregation is very large, so the non-contact type should be given priority to the selection of the level gauge. Finally, a set of non-contact radar level gauges were installed on the top of the tank, and a set of External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors were installed on the bottom of the tank. After the field application, the externally attached ultrasonic level gauge measures accurately and the effect is very good.
2.Field application of liquid ammonia
In the design of a certain liquid ammonia spherical tank, the External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor also has a good application. The liquid ammonia in the storage tank is a colorless, pungent odor and toxic liquid, which is corrosive to a certain extent. Because the density of liquid ammonia is greatly affected by temperature, the differential pressure level gauge is not applicable in this project, and the external ultrasonic level gauge is finally used for detection.
3.Field application of high pressure storage tank
In a high-pressure hydrogenation plant, due to the unstable parameters of the original level gauge on the high-pressure storage tank, the owner wanted to add a level gauge to compare with it. However, the installation space of the high-pressure vessel was small on site, and the conditions for reopening were not available. After negotiation, it was decided to adopt an external ultrasonic level gauge, which not only avoided the economic loss caused by the shutdown of the device, but also prevented new pressure vessels. Increase the safety hazards of leakage points, simple installation, accurate and reliable, can be described as three birds with one stone.
4.Ultrasonic sensor for Oil/fuel level measurement
The External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor adopts explosion-proof design to meet explosion-proof requirements. The probe is installed externally, no need to open a hole in the container to be tested, real non-contact measurement, suitable for accurate liquid level of toxic, volatile, flammable, explosive, strong pressure, strong corrosive and other liquid media in various closed containers measuring. Therefore, the External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor is the best level measurement sensor for diesel, gasoline and other oil tanks.
5. Other field applications
The External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor can be a good substitute for radar level gauges in some occasions where the dielectric constant is low, such as liquefied gas (dielectric constant <1.9) or the liquid surface contains a lot of bubbles and other radar level gauges are not suitable for use; For some highly corrosive acid and alkali storage tanks, such as liquid chlorine storage tanks, the External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor is also very useful.
External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensor common available media include liquid chlorine, liquefied gas, liquid ammonia, ethylene, butadiene, gasoline, diesel, benzene, liquid bromine, hydrochloric acid, lye, nitric acid, methanol, vinyl chloride, hydrofluoric acid, ethylene Glycol, propane, naphtha, ethylene oxide, dimethyl ether.
Can External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors Detect Water Level?
Ultrasonic liquid level sensor can be used for water level measurement. The principle of ultrasonic reflection used. According to the contact between the sound wave emitted by the pool ultrasonic liquid level gauge and the liquid surface. According to the length of time it reflects back. To measure the height of the liquid level in the tank.
Liquid level sensors are used in many sites to detect some conditions that require liquid level monitoring. It is well known that the liquid level of some sewage treatment tanks, the liquid level on the tank, the liquid level on the river channel and so on.
What is an ultrasonic level sensor?
Ultrasonic level sensor is a monitoring instrument for measuring liquid height, tank height, and material position.
Ultrasonic level sensor can adopt two-wire, three-wire or four-wire technology.
The two-wire system is: power supply and signal output are shared.
The three-wire system is: the power supply circuit and the signal output circuit are independent. When using DC 24v power supply, a 3-core cable can be used, and the negative terminal of the power supply and the negative terminal of the signal output share a core wire.
The four-wire system is: when using AC 220v power supply, or when using DC 24v power supply, when the power supply circuit and the signal output circuit are required to be completely isolated, a 4-core cable should be used.
DC or AC power supply, 4~20mADC, high and low switch output.
More about Ultrasonic Level Sensing Technology.
What are the different types of level sensors?
There are 7 main types of level transmitters that Sino-Inst offers for water level indicate. Each type of transmitter works in a different way, and makes it useful for different types of processes.
- Capacitance Level Transmitters
- Hydrostatic Level Transmitters
- Magnetic Level Transmitters
- Radar Fill Level Transmitters
- Ultrasonic Level Transmitter
- Guided Microwave Level Transmitters
- Liquid Level Transmitters
Related products and technologies
- Featured Hydrogen flow meters
- Purchasing Guide for Liquid level float switches
- Hot Water Flow Meters
- Chemical Flow Meter Guide
- Karman vortex air flow sensor VS Mass air flow sensor
- Automation Tank Level Sensing Guide for Oil & Gas storage and transportation tank
- Solutions Guide for Liquid Level Measurement
- Liquid Turbine Flow Meters
- Cryogenic Flow Meters for Sale
- Liquid Flow Meters Guide
- Industrial Tank level indicators and Tank Level Gauges
Sino-Inst offers over 10 External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors and transmitters for level measurement. About 50% of these are liquid level meters, 40% is the level switches.
A wide variety of External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors and transmitters options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of External Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors and transmitters instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote