A capacitive water level sensor is often used to measure the water level of the water storage tank. The capacitive water level sensor uses the change of measuring capacitance value to measure the height of the liquid level. The main function is to continuously measure the liquid level of the measured medium liquid. For example, common media are sewage, mud, paper pulp, eight-treasure porridge, and so on. You may also have heard of a non contact capacitive water level sensor. It is a kind of capacitive water level sensor installed externally.
What is a capacitive liquid level sensor?
The Capacitive liquid level sensor is based on the principle of capacitance sensing. When the height of the measured electrode is changed by the measured medium, it will cause its capacitance to change. It can convert the changes of various material levels and the height of liquid level media into standard current signals, which are remotely transmitted to the operation control room for centralized display, alarm or automatic control by secondary instruments or computer devices.
Capacitive liquid level sensor has a good structure and installation method, which can be applied to high temperature, high pressure, strong corrosion, easy to crystallize, anti-clogging. Anti-freezing and solid powdery and granular materials.
The Capacitive liquid level sensor fundamentally deals with the influence of factors such as temperature, humidity, pressure, and material conductivity on the measurement process. Therefore, it has extremely high anti-interference and reliability. It can measure strong corrosive liquids, such as acid, alkali, salt, sewage, etc.
Can measure high temperature and high pressure medium. Process temperature -40~600℃. Process pressure -0.1~4.0MPa.
A single intelligent integrated capacitance level gauge has common two-point on-site calibration skills, which provides convenience for users to easily use the product.
Capacitive liquid level sensor can measure the liquid level of strongly corrosive medium, measure the liquid level of high temperature medium, measure the liquid level of sealed container. It has nothing to do with the viscosity, density and working pressure of the medium.
Extended reading: Ultrasonic liquid level sensors
Capacitive water level sensor
Can capacitive liquid level sensors measure water?
OK. Because water is conductive. Except for pure water, ultra-pure water, industrial water has no special instructions, it is generally regarded as a conductor.
Capacitive water level sensor is when measuring water. The water contains rust, jelly, etc. Will it cause measurement fluctuations?
probably not. When measuring water, there are two plates: one is the metal rod of the capacitor itself. And the other is actually water. Because general water is conductive. The dielectric is actually the film on the outside of the Capacitive water level sensor metal.
- When the tank is a conductor: because water is conductive. Except for pure water, ultrapure water, industrial water without special instructions is generally regarded as a conductor. So it forms the other plate of the capacitor. When the metal tank is used to measure the conductor level with a capacitor, the dielectric is the layer of PTFE.
- If the tank body and process connection are non-conductive materials. Then, a conductor should be led down from the ground terminal of the meter casing along the outside of the tank as another plate. The dielectric at this time is membrane + medium + tank wall.
Non contact capacitive water level sensor
Non contact capacitive water level sensor, you only need to attach the sensor to the outer wall of the container made of insulating material when using it.
When the liquid level reaches the sensor detection position, there is a level signal output. It is easy to install and use, no need to open holes, and durable life. Capacitive type can detect the liquid level through the medium. No direct contact with liquid is required. It will not be affected by corrosive effects such as strong acids and alkalis, and it is more hygienic.
Extended reading: Radar Non Contact Water Level Sensor
Features of Non contact capacitive water level sensor:
- Small size and high cost performance. Waterproof grade IP62. Ultra low standby function
- The liquid level can be detected through the medium without direct contact with the liquid. It will not be affected by corrosive effects such as strong acids and alkalis, and it is more hygienic.
- No need to open holes without mechanical parts inside. Only need to be installed on the outer wall of the container to achieve non-contact use
- Integrated filtering, debounce, and A/D conversion circuit. Directly output high and low levels.
- Accuracy, high reliability, no virtual area, no gray sensing area
- Meet the requirements of safety standards
- Comply with RoHS requirements
- The sensitivity can be matched according to the customer’s application
Non contact capacitive water level sensor application:
It can be used to detect water purification, sewage, oil, wine, various acid-alkaline liquid levels, etc. Mainly suitable for household appliances, medical equipment, chemical equipment, business machines, etc. Your equipment needs level control. Our products will meet your liquid level measurement needs.
Extended reading: Ultrasonic level transmitter for Hazardous Liquids
Compared with non contact capacitive water level sensor and float type liquid level sensor:
- It can be used when installed on the outer wall of the container, and the container does not need to be opened. The water level can be detected non-contact.
- Small size, small space required for installation
- The float type liquid level sensor needs to be in contact with the liquid to detect the liquid level. The internal magnet will adsorb impurities in the water to form scale. Scale will cause the weight of the float to increase and affect the accuracy of liquid level detection. The Non contact capacitive water level sensor does not directly contact the liquid, and there is no such restriction.
- The float type liquid level sensor uses the rise and fall of the liquid level to drive the movement of the float with a magnet. So that the internal dry reed switch is turned on and off. Therefore, the float type liquid level sensor has a certain draft, the float is easy to jam, and the reliability is low. The Non contact capacitive water level sensor has no mechanical moving parts and has high reliability.
More Water level sensors
Water depth sensors are also known as water level sensors. Water depth sensors are often used to measure tank levels, well depths, river depths, etc. There are many different types of water depth sensors. All of them are used to measure the water level by submerging underwater or above the water surface. Then, they are converted into a water depth or water level signal. For example, submersible hydrostatic level meter, ultrasonic level meter, etc.
Sino-Inst offers over 20 Capacitive water level sensors for level measurement.
About 50% of these are liquid level meters, 40% is the tank level sensor.
A wide variety of Capacitive water level sensors options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of level measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Request a Quote
Request a Quote