The Submersible Level Transmitter is the most commonly used tank level indicator. There are stainless steel probes that are placed at the bottom of tanks, wells, or other liquid containers. Output 4-20mA signal. For liquid level measurement and control.
The difference between the SMT3151TR Hydrostatic Submersible Level Transmitter and other submersible level transmitters is that it is a straight rod insertion type.
- Measuring range: select within 0 ～ 5m (more than 5m negotiate order)
- Measurement accuracy: 0.5
- Output signal: 4 ～ 20mADC; 0 ～ 20mA;
- Working temperature: -50 ～ 80 ℃/ -50~450℃ （High temperature type）;
- Wetted materials: stainless steel, polypropylene (PP), PTFE
- Explosion-proof grade: ExiaIICT6Gb ExIICT6Gb
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Hydrostatic Submersible Level Transmitters for flow measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Features of Hydrostatic Submersible level transmitter
- Solid structure, no moving parts, high reliability and long service life;
- From water to sewage, from oil to liquid with high viscosity, high-precision measurement can be carried out, and it is not affected by foaming and sedimentation of the medium;
- With multi-purpose mounting bracket, easy to install and use;
- Lightning protection design. Has good anti-interference and lightning protection capabilities;
- With power reverse polarity protection and overload current limit protection;
- The new material is not easy to fatigue and wear, and has strong resistance to vibration, impact and overload]
- High temperature type can be customized. High temperature reaches 450 ℃.
Extended reading: HART protocol digital signal (two-wire system)
Specifications of Submersible Level Transmitter
|Signal output:||4~20ADC, 0~20mA|
|Working temperature:||-50~ +80 °C; -50~ +450 °C;|
|Environmental temperature:||-40~ +50 °C|
|Contacting liquid material:||Stainless steel|
|Installation type:||Flange: DN32 (HG/T20593,20595-97) RF sealing face ； |
|Explosion-proof grade:||Exia II CT6Ga; Exd II CT6Gb|
Applications of Submersible Level Transmitter
Sino-Inst’s Hydrostatic Level Transmitter is used in various industrial and municipal environments. Especially in water supply and wastewater treatment plants. Mainly used for water level measurement of urban water supply, oil tanks, petrochemical and other open tanks.
Hydrostatic Level Transmitter measures the hydrostatic pressure of a liquid medium. Liquid level information is transmitted through electrical signals. The signal changes linearly and proportionally. To measure the hydrostatic pressure above the sensor.
If your measurement range is greater than 5 meters, please refer to Submersible Pressure Transducer.
- Level measurement in rivers and lakes
- Level measurement in vessel and storage systems
- Control of sewage lift and pumping stations
- Monitoring of sewage, settling and stormwater retention basins
If you are measuring the fuel tank level, you can choose a magnetostrictive liquid level sensor with higher accuracy and longer service life.
More Featured Hydrostatic Level Transmitters
Installation of Submersible Level Transmitter
The rod type static pressure liquid level transmitter has two standard installation methods of G11 / 2 thread and flange.
For the transmitter that is directly installed with G11 / 2 thread, a G11 / 2 round nut is provided at the time of delivery. Generally, there are two ways for installation.
- The installation position has G11 / 2 thread. The liquid level transmitter can be screwed in directly. The attached round nut can be used or screwed on to prevent loosening.
- There is no G11 / 2 thread in the installation position. Can use the existing Φ50 ~ Φ60 light hole, or install a bracket with Φ50 ~ Φ60 hole. Install the liquid level transmitter, and screw on the round nut to fix it.
The standard installation dimensions of flanges are in accordance with DN50, GB9119.6-88
If there are other flange mounting holes in the installation location, please indicate the flange size or the corresponding specifications and standard numbers when ordering, in order to meet the installation requirements.
What is hydrostatic level transmitter?
Hydrostatic level transmitter is actually a type of pressure transmitter. Hydrostatic level transmitter is the application of pressure transmitter to liquid level measurement. The submersible Hydostatic pressure level transmitter is based on the principle that the measured liquid static pressure is proportional to the height of the liquid. Piezoresistive effect using diffused silicon or ceramic sensitive elements. Convert static pressure into electrical signal. After temperature compensation and linear correction. Convert to 4-20mADC standard current signal output. In order to achieve liquid level measurement.
Read more about: [What is and How it Works]Hydrostatic Level Sensor
Submersible level transmitter working principle
The basic working principle of Hydrostatic Level Sensor is static pressure level measurement.
In liquid, the pressure generated at a certain depth is generated by the weight of the medium itself above the measurement point. It is proportional to the density of the medium and the local acceleration of gravity.
The formula P = ρgh reflects the proportional relationship between them.
Where P = pressure, ρ = medium density, g = gravity acceleration, h = depth of measurement point.
Therefore, the physical quantity measured by the input liquid level gauge is actually pressure. It can be understood by the calibration unit mH2O of the input level gauge. The actual liquid level must be obtained by conversion after knowing the two parameters of density and gravity acceleration. In the industrial field, such conversion is usually performed by a secondary instrument or PLC.
The Hydrostatic Level Sensor mainly measures corrosive liquids such as hydrochloric acid, hydrogen peroxide, etc. Or chemical and electroplating wastewater. Mainly used in measuring corrosive media. It has the advantages of strong corrosion resistance and stable performance.
Let’s see How is hydrostatic pressure measured ?
Hydrostatic level transmitter advantages and disadvantages
About Hydrostatic level transmitter advantages and disadvantages, we do a simple analysis here. If you want to know more about the advantages and disadvantages of level transmitters. Please refer to Sino-Inst Level Transmitters.
- High measurement accuracy;
- The ultra-high range can be customized up to 1000 meters.
- Easy to install;
- The signal can be transmitted remotely;
- The corrosion of various media can be resisted by choosing different materials;
- Suitable for explosion-proof occasions;
- Low cost;
Extended reading: Hydrostatic Pressure Transmitter
Hydrostatic level transmitter price
Compared with other liquid level transmitters, Hydrostatic level transmitter has lower cost. The price of Hydrostatic level transmitter is mainly affected by the measurement situation. such as:
- Range range;
- Medium temperature;
- The medium is corrosive;
Sino-Inst is a manufacturer of Hydrostatic level transmitter. Sino-Inst provides customers with the best Hydrostatic level transmitter price. For example, the general-purpose Hydrostatic level transmitter has a reference price of USD70. If you want to know the exact price, please contact our sales engineer.
Sino-Instrument offers detailed product specifications and data sheets for review. Our application engineers, can help ensure you choose exactly what you need for your specific installation. Or if you need the RFQ instantly, we can offer you with the submersible level transmitter price immediately.
Sino-Inst offers over 10 Submersible Level Transmitters. About 50% of these are Submersible Level Sensors, 40% are water level meters, and 40% are for tank level. A wide variety of Hydrostatic Level Sensor options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of Hydrostatic level transmitter.
Submersible Level Transmitter instrumentation, located in China.
Sino-Inst sells through a mature distribution network that reaches all 50 states and 30 countries worldwide. Submersible Level Transmitter products are most popular in Domestic Market, Southeast Asia, and Mid East. You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers, with ISO9001,ISO14001 certification.Send RFQ NOW, You may get the price now.
Request a Quote
Wu Peng, born in 1980, is a highly respected and accomplished male engineer with extensive experience in the field of automation. With over 20 years of industry experience, Wu has made significant contributions to both academia and engineering projects.
Throughout his career, Wu Peng has participated in numerous national and international engineering projects. Some of his most notable projects include the development of an intelligent control system for oil refineries, the design of a cutting-edge distributed control system for petrochemical plants, and the optimization of control algorithms for natural gas pipelines.