Digital LPG/Propane flow meter
A propane flow meter refers to a flow meter that can measure the volume or mass flow of propane gas. Also often called LPG gas flow meter.
Featured Inline Propane Flow Meter
Propane is also generally referred to as liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). So what is the difference and connection between propane and LPG? Next, let’s take a look together.
Propane VS LPG
Because propane is one of the main components of liquefied petroleum gas.
Propane is pure, and liquefied petroleum gas is a mixture.
LPG is a by-product obtained during the catalytic cracking and thermal cracking of crude oil in refineries.
The main source of commercial LPG is the processing and refining of natural gas and oil. The raw materials usually contain excessive amounts of propane and butane. To prevent these two substances from condensing in the high-pressure exhaust pipe, they must be removed.
In the petroleum refining process. LPG is collected by titration from the dissolved crude oil mixed with a lighter specific gravity. At the same time, it can also be produced by the molecular fission of heavy hydrocarbons. Therefore, LPG is considered a subsidiary product. Its exact composition and characteristics usually vary from source to source.
Extended reading: Magnetostrictive Hydraulic Cylinder Position Sensor
Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter for LPG/Propane measurement
Precession vortex flowmeter is a new type of gas flowmeter. It can be used for the measurement of natural gas, propane, air, nitrogen, and other gases.
Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter, like a vortex flowmeter, is a velocity flowmeter. The cost performance of the intelligent precession vortex flowmeter is higher than the vortex flowmeter. The intelligent precession vortex flowmeter can only measure gas. Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter can be made into an integrated temperature and pressure compensation. And can measure various gases. Such as compressed air, oxygen, biogas, natural gas, coal gas, etc.
Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter reference price: DN50, USD 600.00/pc.
- Medium: no impurities, no corrosive gas
- Accuracy: soil 1.5%, ±1.0%
- Caliber: DN15~DN200
- Measuring range: 1~3600m3/h
- Display content: temperature, pressure, instantaneous flow under standard conditions, cumulative flow under standard conditions
- Connection method: flange connection
- Power supply: Lithium battery power supply or external power supply 24VDC power supply
- Output: pulse signal output, 4-20mA current output, RS485 communication, and GPRS remote communication
Advantages of Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter.
- No mechanical rotating parts, not easy to corrode, no maintenance required for long-time work;
- It can be used on the occasion of medium and high flow rate gas;
- The process installation conditions are not harsh, and the upstream and downstream straight pipe sections of the instrument can be greatly shortened compared with the orifice flowmeter;
- The measurement accuracy of the system can meet the current trade measurement requirements (≤2%);
- The flow measurement range is wide (Qmax/qmin=15～20″>). It can work effectively in some small flow areas that the orifice flowmeter cannot reach;
- Small size and lightweight, it is more convenient for offline calibration;
- The measurement signal can be displayed on the spot or transmitted remotely as required;
Why is Precession Vortex Gas Flowmeter the right Propane flow meter?
Before that, people would use vortex flowmeters to measure propane.
Although the precession vortex flowmeter and vortex flowmeter are all fluid vibration flowmeters. However, the precession vortex flowmeter has the following advantages:
- The generated vortex signal is stronger than that of a vortex flowmeter, so the lower limit Reynolds number is lower. When measuring gas flow, the lower limit flow rate can be as low as (1.5～2) m/s.
- Because the vortex signal generated by the flowmeter is stronger than that of the vortex flowmeter. It is less affected by the upstream choke than the vortex flowmeter. Therefore, the length of the upstream straight pipe is much shorter.
- The meter coefficient K is 1 to 2 times larger than that of the vortex flowmeter.
Extended reading: Buy Digital Gas Flow Meters & Controllers For Air-O2-N2-CO2
Liquid propane flow meter
Propane can be measured with a vortex flowmeter. If it is corrosive, it must be plated with PTFE, which can prevent corrosion.
Vortex shedding flow meter, easy installation, low cost, analog, and 4-20mA output. Pressure & temperature compensation can improve the sensor for more accurate measurement. Vortex shedding flow meter is suitable for measuring steam and various liquids and gases. When the fluid flows through the assembly line of the vortex flowmeter, a vortex is formed. The frequency of vortex shedding is directly proportional to the fluid velocity.
Vortex shedding flow meter reference price: USD 200-1500/pc.
Read more about Vortex Shedding Flow Meter Working Principle
Propane gas mass flow meter
Thermal Mass Flow Meter can directly measure the mass flow of various gases. Unaffected by changes in viscosity, density, temperature, or pressure.
A thermal Mass Flow Meter is a true mass flow meter. No temperature and pressure compensation is required. Thermal gas mass flow meters are designed based on the principle of thermal diffusion. Including natural gas, coal gas, liquefied gas, flare gas, argon, carbon dioxide and other mixed gas flow measurement.
Guess you like: Gas Mass Flow Meter
Natural gas flow meter
The natural gas flow meter is mainly used for inline measurement of natural gas flow. A natural gas flow meter is mainly used for industrial production and trade settlement.
Sino-Inst offers over 10 Digital Propane Flow Meters at the Best Price.
A wide variety of Digital Propane Flow Meters options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a Digital Propane Flow Meters supplier, located in China. Digital Propane Flow Meters products are most popular in North America, Mid East, and Eastern Europe. The United States, and India, which export 99%, 1%, and 1% of Digital Propane Flow Meters respectively.
Wu Peng, born in 1980, is a highly respected and accomplished male engineer with extensive experience in the field of automation. With over 20 years of industry experience, Wu has made significant contributions to both academia and engineering projects.
Throughout his career, Wu Peng has participated in numerous national and international engineering projects. Some of his most notable projects include the development of an intelligent control system for oil refineries, the design of a cutting-edge distributed control system for petrochemical plants, and the optimization of control algorithms for natural gas pipelines.