What does a residential water meter look like?
A residential water meter is a legal meter for measuring water consumption in residential communities, residential buildings, bungalows, and other places.
What are the commonly used residential water meters? In terms of functions, there are smart IC card water meters, remote water meters, and smart valve-controlled water meters. Below, we will briefly introduce these common and commonly used residential water meters!
Residential Water Meters Types
The types of water meters can be divided by the principle of measurement. The common types are mechanic water meters, mechanical water meters equipped with electronic devices, and electronic water meters.
Their working principles are as follows:
Where is the Residential water meter installed?
In order to be beautiful and save space, water meters are generally installed in their own kitchens. Some of them will be installed in the corner of the kitchen or covered by other kitchen furniture.
However, in order to facilitate the reading of the water meter, it is best to install the water meter in a conspicuous position.
If the house has a special type, it may be installed outdoors.
Precautions for installation of Residential water meter
- If it is to install a water meter on a new pipeline. You have to rinse all the stolen goods in the pipeline first. This will prevent the water meter from slowing down or not moving in the later stage.
- It is better to install a filter before the water meter is installed. Before installing other instruments in the pipeline, the debris in the pipeline should be cleaned up. Avoid clogging of pipes.
- When installing, keep the direction on the watch case consistent with the direction of the water flow. And the place where the water meter is installed. The location should be convenient for us to read or change later. The place where the water meter is installed should not be installed in a place exposed to the sun and freezing.
- When the water meter is installed, the reading side should be facing up.
- The direction of the arrow on the water meter should be the same as the direction of the water flow in the pipe.
- If the water meter is installed outdoors, it must be protected against sun and frost. Because the outdoor environment is better than the indoor environment. If the water meter is exposed to the sun or cold for a long time, the service life of the water meter will be affected. If the gear of the water meter is exposed to the sun for a long time. It will cause deformation and damage. This will affect the accuracy of water meter measurement.
You may like:
Sino-Inst offers over 30 residential water meter products.
A wide variety of residential water meter options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of residential water meter, located in China.
The top supplying country is China (Mainland), which supply 100% of the residential water meter respectively.
Sino-Inst sells through a mature distribution network that reaches all 50 states and 30 countries worldwide. residential water meter products are most popular in Domestic Market, Southeast Asia, and Mid East.
You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers, with ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
Request a Quote