Pipe Flow Meter is used to measure fluid flow in pipes or open channels. Magnetic Large Dia. Pipe Flow Meter is especially suitable for large diameter pipe measurement.
There are many types of Pipe Flow Meter. For example: magnetic, ultrasonic, venturi, etc. Magnetic Large Dia. Pipe Flow Meter is an induction meter that measures the volume flow of conductive media. Liquids are conductive or water based. While performing on-site detection and display, Magnetic Pipe Flow Meter can output standard current signals. Not only can it be used for general process detection. It is also suitable for the measurement of mineral pulp, paper pulp and pasty liquids. It can also be made into a plug-in electromagnetic flowmeter. It is widely used in the flow measurement and control of production processes such as water treatment and total control of environmental sewage.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Magnetic Flow Meters for flow measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Features of Magnetic Large Dia. Pipe Flow Meter
- There are no flow obstructions in the measuring tube. No pressure loss, lower requirements for straight pipe sections;
- Series nominal diameters are DN15～DN3800. There are many choices of sensor lining and electrode materials;
- The converter adopts a novel excitation method. Low power consumption, stable zero point and high accuracy. The flow range can reach 1500:1;
- The converter and the sensor can be integrated or separated;
- The converter uses a 16-bit high-performance microprocessor. 2x16LCD display. Convenient parameter setting. Reliable programming;
- The flowmeter is a two-way measuring system with three totalizers inside. Forward total, reverse total, and difference total. Can display positive and negative flow. And has a variety of outputs: current, pulse, digital communication, HART;
- The converter uses surface mount technology (SMT). With self-check and self-diagnosis function
- The measurement is not affected by changes in fluid density, viscosity, temperature, pressure and conductivity;
Advantages of Magnetic Large Dia. Pipe Flow Meter
- Corrosion-resistant all stainless steel material ABS full mold production probe. The structure is simple, firm, and has no moving parts. long lasting;
- Small pressure loss;
- Small size, light weight, convenient installation and low maintenance;
- Reliable measurement. Strong anti-interference ability;
- Large measuring range. The measurement is not affected by changes in temperature, density, pressure, viscosity, conductivity, etc.;
- It can be installed and disassembled under continuous flow. It brings convenience to the user’s maintenance.
- Compared with the general electromagnetic flowmeter, the manufacturing cost and installation cost are lower. Especially suitable for large and medium diameter pipeline flow measurement.
Specifications of Magnetic Large Dia. Pipe Flow Meter
|Accuracy:||± 1.5% measured value standard ± 1.0% measured value special ± 0.5% measured value high precision|
|Measuring range :||Recommended use range: 0.5m/s～10m/s continuously adjustable|
Use range: 0.2m/s～15m/s continuously adjustable
|Medium temperature:||-20- +150℃|
|Ambient temperature:||-20- +60℃|
|Fluid pressure:||≤ 1.6MPa|
|Protection level:||Sensor Converter|
|Material quality:||The probe material is 304 stainless steel, the electrode material is 316 stainless steel, and the insulation layer is PTFE.|
|Electrical Interface :||M20×1.5,1/2〞NPT|
|Display method :||Standard two-line LCD display, which can display instantaneous and cumulative flow at the same time.|
|power supply:||220VAC 50HZ 24VDC|
|Explosion-proof grade:||Exd[ia]iam ll CT5|
|Signal output:||1. The switch value can be set as: pulse output (1000HZ);|
High/low flow alarm;
Flow direction indication;
2. Current output: 4-20mA output.
|Configuration method:||1. Configure on-site through three manual keys.|
2. On-site configuration via remote control. To
3. Perform on-site configuration through the handheld communicator. To
Memory: EEPROM is a memory that will not disappear, without battery storage.
Pipe Flow Meter Types
Flow Metering Principals
- Differential Pressure Flowmeters
- Velocity Flowmeters
- Positive Displacement Flowmeters
- Mass Flowmeters
- For Open Channel Flowmeters – weirs, flumes, submerged orifices, current meters, acoustic flow meters and more
For different working principle, We offer different types of flow meters, like:
- Differential Pressure Flow Meters
- Orifice Plate
- Venturi Tube
- Flow Nozzles
- The Sonic Nozzle – Critical (Choked) Flow Nozzle
- Calorimetric Flowmeter
- Ultrasonic Doppler Flowmeter
- Positive Displacement Flowmeter
- Variable Area Flowmeter or Rotameter
- Velocity Flowmeters
- Pitot Tubes
- Electromagnetic Flowmeter
- Turbine Flowmeter
- Vortex Flow Meter
- Thermal Flowmeter
- Coriolis Flowmeter
- Mass Flowmeters
- Open Channel Flowmeters
Featured Large Dia. Pipe Flow Meters
Liquid Flow Meter
When measuring the liquid flow of large-diameter pipes, the following factors should be considered when choosing a flow meter:
- The pressure loss should be as small as possible;
- Due to the low flow rate (to reduce operating costs), the inner wall of the pipeline is easy to deposit dirt and sludge;
- The measurement range of the flowmeter used should be particularly large to adapt to the disparity of browsing in different time periods;
- The protection level of the flowmeter should also meet the requirements of the environment.
There are several types of flow meters commonly used to measure liquid flow in large-diameter pipes.
(1) Electromagnetic flowmeter
The electromagnetic flowmeter is made according to Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction. It is widely used in the flow measurement of various conductive liquids in industrial processes.
The main features of electromagnetic flowmeter are as follows:
- There are no moving parts in the pipeline, no flow blocking parts, and almost no additional pressure loss during measurement.
- The measurement results have nothing to do with physical parameters such as flow velocity distribution, fluid pressure, temperature, density, and viscosity.
- High measurement accuracy and large measurement range (up to 200:1).
- The straight pipe section has relatively low requirements and is easy to meet.
- There are products with large diameter and meeting protection requirements.
- The price of large-caliber products is higher, and the larger the caliber, the faster the price increase.
(2) Ultrasonic flow meter
Ultrasonic flowmeters are made by using the original that the propagation speed of sound waves in a static fluid is different from the propagation speed in a flowing fluid. It can measure both conductive media and non-conductive media.
The main features of ultrasonic flowmeter are as follows:
- The probe can be installed on the outside of the pipeline (outer clamp type). It does not hinder the flow of fluid in the pipeline to reduce pressure loss.
- The measurement accuracy is related to the diameter of the pipe. The larger the pipe diameter, the higher the accuracy possible (multiple sound segments are used).
(3) Insertion flow meter
In occasions where the measurement accuracy is not high, insertion flowmeters can be used to measure large flows. Because the main advantage of the plug-in flowmeter is low price (only a fraction of other structures). And this kind of flowmeter is light in weight, small in pressure loss, and easy to install and maintain.
Common ones include insertion vortex flowmeter, insertion turbine flowmeter, insertion ultrasonic flowmeter and insertion electromagnetic flowmeter.
Gas Flow Meter
The flow meters commonly used to measure gas flow in large-diameter pipelines are as follows:
(1) Orifice flowmeter
The standard orifice flowmeter is a widely used flowmeter. The advantage of the standard orifice flowmeter is that it is simple to manufacture and can be used directly without real flow calibration.
(2) Thermal gas mass flow meter
The sensor part of the thermal gas mass flowmeter consists of two reference-level platinum resistance temperature sensors. A bridge loop is used.
One sensor measures the fluid temperature. The other sensor is a heating element to maintain a constant temperature difference higher than the fluid temperature. That is, the gas flow The heat is taken away when passing the heating element.
The heat taken away is proportional to the flow rate of the gas and the density of the gas. In order to maintain a fixed temperature difference between the two temperature sensors, the circuit needs to provide more power to the heating element. The output power in the circuit is related to the quality of the fluid, and thus the flow rate is measured.
(3) Plug-in vortex flowmeter
The plug-in vortex flowmeter is mainly used for the flow measurement of industrial pipeline medium fluid. Such as gas, liquid, vapor and other media. The plug-in vortex flowmeter adopts piezoelectric stress sensor with high reliability. It can work in the working temperature range of -20℃～+350℃. There are analog standard signals and digital pulse signal output.
(4) Venturi tube
One of the standard throttling parts of the standard venturi piping system. It is equipped with a differential pressure instrument to measure the volume flow of a single-phase stable fluid (liquid, gas or vapor) in a closed pipeline.
Because of its simple structure and reliable work, it has been widely used in chemical, petroleum, light industry, medicine, fertilizer, metallurgical and other industrial sectors.
Sino-Inst offer over 50 Pipe Flow Meters, with Best Price.
A wide variety of Pipe Flow Meters options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is Pipe Flow Meters suppliers, located in China. Sewage Flow Meters products are most popular in North America, Mid East, and Eastern Europe. The United States, and India, which export 99%, 1%, and 1% of Pipe Flow Meter respectively.
Request a Quote