High viscosity flow meter is the flow meter measures the flow rate of viscous fluid flow. LCD display Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meter is an ideal for measuring diesel gasoline and other media.
The measurement of the oval gear flowmeter has nothing to do with the flow state of the fluid. The higher the viscosity of the medium, the smaller the leakage from the gear and the metering gap. Therefore, the higher the viscosity, the more advantageous it is for measurement.
Measurable medium: fuel, diesel, gasoline, heat transfer oil, hydraulic oil, kerosene, tar, petroleum, crude oil, asphalt, resin and other liquids. Especially suitable for the measurement of high viscosity liquids.
High viscosity liquids
High-viscosity liquid means that the liquid is viscous and thick, which is different from general liquids and non-Newtonian fluids (mud, pulp). The activity is slow and it is very difficult to filter by simple methods.
What’s more, in addition to some dust, the liquid also contains colloidal particles that are not completely dissolved.
For example: solutions such as rubber, paraffin, cellulose acetate, viscose, polyacrylonitrile, paint and animal glue.
Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meter
The oval gear flowmeter is particularly suitable for measuring high viscosity media. And it is not sensitive to changes in the viscosity of the liquid being measured.
The measurement of the oval gear flowmeter has nothing to do with the flow state of the fluid. The higher the viscosity of the medium, the smaller the leakage from the gear and the metering gap. Therefore, the greater the viscosity of the measured medium, the smaller the leakage error, which is more beneficial to the measurement.
Fuel, diesel, gasoline, heat transfer oil, hydraulic oil, kerosene, tar, petroleum, crude oil, asphalt, resin and other liquids. Especially suitable for the measurement of high viscosity liquids.
|Model||LC-NA Cast Iron with high viscosity type||LC-NE Cast steel with high viscosity type|
|Nominal Pressure Mpa||1.6||6.4|
|Temperature Range ℃||-10~+80; +100~+180|
|Nominal Diameter (mm)||Flow range(m3/h)|
If you need to measure higher viscosity liquids. Please contact our sales engineer.
Oval gear flowmeter display mode selection:
The oval gear flowmeter is a mechanical instrument, and the display can be mechanical or liquid crystal display. Make a reasonable choice according to the different requirements of users.
Of course, the oval gear flow transmitter can also be combined with the secondary instrument to form an oval gear flow meter.
How to choose a high viscosity flow meter?
You may often encounter some high viscosity flowmeter selection problems. For example: What flowmeter is used for viscosity above 10000?
Under normal circumstances, when we encounter high-viscosity media (such as glue, eye drops, asphalt, etc.), the first thing that comes to mind is that impeller-type flowmeters are not suitable. A positive displacement flow meter can be used. The positive displacement flow meter includes a waist wheel, an oval gear, etc.
Are they all suitable?
Below we will introduce several flow meters suitable for measuring high viscosity media:
- Oval gear flowmeter
It is well known that the oval gear flowmeter is particularly suitable for the flow measurement of high viscosity media such as heavy oil, polyvinyl alcohol, and resin.
The oval gear High Viscosity Flow Meter has high measurement accuracy and is suitable for the measurement of the flow of high-viscosity media (generally the viscosity of the measured liquid is 2-3000Mpa.s).
But it is not suitable for fluids containing solid particles. If the measured liquid medium contains gas, it will also cause measurement errors.
Usually, the accuracy of the oval gear flowmeter can reach 0.5 grade, the highest is 0.2 grade, which is a relatively accurate flow meter.
However, if the flow of the measured medium is too small when in use, the leakage error of the oval gear flowmeter will be prominent, and sufficient measurement accuracy cannot be guaranteed.
More about: Pointer Type Oval Gear Flow Meter
- Ultrasonic flowmeter
The clamp-on ultrasonic flowmeter is not in contact with the medium and is based on the principle of ultrasonic flowmeter. In this way, the ultrasonic flowmeter is basically not affected by conductivity, pressure, temperature and viscosity.
Generally, high viscosity media can be measured, such as mud, etc.
And easy to install.
More about: Utrasonic flow meter
- Electromagnetic flowmeter
Split electromagnetic flowmeter can also measure high-viscosity fluid, based on the principle of electromagnetic flowmeter and other factors. In addition to measuring the flow of general conductive liquids, the split electromagnetic flowmeter can also measure the volumetric flow of liquid-solid two-phase flow, high-viscosity liquid flow, and salt, strong acid, and strong alkali liquids. This is true in theory, but it depends on the specific site.
More about: Electromagnetic flow meter
- Target flow meter
The target flowmeter was used for industrial flow detection at the end of sixty years, mainly used to solve the flow measurement of high viscosity, low Reynolds number fluid.
High-viscosity liquid target flow meters can now be used to measure heavy oil, residual oil metering, asphalt, liquid paraffin and other media.
More about: Target flow meter
- Mass flow meter
Coriolis mass flow meters are the most accurate and repeatable products among flow meters. The advanced Coriolis force sensor is used. A single Coriolis mass flow meter can directly measure mass flow, medium density and temperature. Allow users to more directly understand the running process of fluid.
The mass flow meter can measure a wide range of fluids, including high-viscosity liquids, slurries containing solids, liquids containing trace gases, and medium and high-pressure gases with sufficient density.
But the cost of mass flow meters is high.
More about: Coriolis mass flow meters
If you still do not know how to choose a suitable high viscosity flow meter, you can contact our sales engineer. We will recommend a suitable high viscosity flow measurement solution for you.
Measuring principle of Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meter
When the measured liquid enters the oval gear flowmeter through the pipeline. The pressure difference generated at the inlet and outlet pushes a pair of gears to continuously rotate. The liquid measured by the lunar cavity is continuously delivered to the outlet. The product of the number of revolutions of the elliptical gear and four times the displacement per time is the total amount of the measured liquid flow.
Therefore, it is not difficult for us to find from the measurement principle of the oval gear flowmeter that it relies on the pressure head of the measured medium to push the oval gear to rotate for measurement, and has nothing to do with the fluid flow state.
For fluids with solid particles, oval gear flowmeters are not suitable. Because the solid particles will jam the gears, the flow cannot be measured.
It should also be noted that the use of oval gear flowmeters is not recommended for media with gas in the liquid. Its measurement error will be quite large.
When we use oval gear flow meters to measure liquids with high viscosity, there is less leakage from the gap between the gear and the metering.
Therefore, the greater the viscosity of the liquid being measured, the smaller the leakage error, and the more beneficial it is for the measurement, the higher the measurement accuracy.
It can be said that the oval gear flowmeter is the best choice for measuring the flow of high-viscosity liquids.
Installation and use of Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meter
- The oval gear flowmeter should be equipped with a filter, and the arrows on the two shells point to the same flow direction.
- When the measured liquid contains gas, a gas separator should be installed before the flowmeter.
- Regardless of whether the pipeline is installed vertically or horizontally, the oval gear shaft in the flowmeter is installed in a horizontal position. (That is, the dial should be perpendicular to the ground).
- When the oval gear flowmeter is installed correctly, if it is difficult to see the reading, the counter can be turned 180° or 90°.
- Before installing the new flowmeter, use a bamboo stick to push the gear from the exit several times. If it is found to be immobile, it can be soaked with gasoline. (Avoid memory deposits after factory inspection)
- The throttle valve should be installed at the inlet of the flowmeter, and the opening/closing valve should be installed at the outlet. When using the opening/closing valve, it should be pneumatically operated slowly and not suddenly open.
- It is strictly forbidden to use line sweeping steam to pass through the flow meter.
- In continuous use, the flowmeter must be equipped with a bypass pipe.
- Before installing the oval gear flowmeter, the pipeline must be flushed. When flushing, use a straight pipe section (instead of the oval flowmeter position) to prevent welding slag and debris from entering the flowmeter.
- It is strictly forbidden to check the flowmeter composed of cast iron and cast steel with water.
- When the flowmeter is in use, the flow rate shall not exceed the technical requirements. It is better for the flowmeter to work at 50~80% of the maximum flow.
- If the measured liquid is chemically corrosive, a stainless steel flow meter or Ocr15Ni12MO2Ti flow meter must be used.
- The installation method of oval gear flowmeter is as shown in the figure.
You may like:
- Liquid Turbine Flow Meters
- Cryogenic Flow Meters for Sale
- Liquid Flow Meters Guide
- Sanitary Flow Meters for Sale
- Natural Gas Flow Meter Selection Guide
- Coke Oven Gas Measurement
- Buyer’s Guide: Flow Technology-Turbine Flow Meter
- Mass Flow Rate vs Volumetric Flow Rate
- Steam Flow Measurement: Do you need temperature and pressure compensation?
- Turbine Flow meter Vs Gear Flow meter
Sino-Inst, Manufacuturer for Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meters. For example: crude oil flowmeter, diesel flowmeter, gasoline flowmeter.
Sino-Inst’s Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meters, made in China, Having good Quality, With better price. Our flow measurement instruments are widely used in China, India, Pakistan, US, and other countries.
Request a Quote
High Viscosity Flow Meter for Sale | LCD display Oval Gear
Oval gear flow meters are the most widely used high viscosity flow meters. Suitable for the measurement of high viscosity liquids such as fuel,crude oil, MFO.
Product SKU: LCD display Oval Gear High Viscosity Flow Meter
Product Brand: Sino-Inst
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 500
Price Valid Until: 2039-09-30
Product In-Stock: InStock