Industrial hot water flow meter is also called digital hot water meter. Hot water flow meter refers to flow meters that can measure the flow of high temperature water.
Common industrial hot water flow meters include electromagnetic flow meters, turbine flow meters, vortex flow meters, and ultrasonic flow meters. Sino-Inst, is the supplier of Industrial hot water flow meter. This article focuses on the comparative analysis of these four Industrial hot water flow meters.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Hot Water Flow Meters for flow measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Hot water flow meter types
Hot water is the most widely used heat carrier liquid. Due to the difference in use and design, the water supply temperature is commonly used in several grades such as 60℃, 90℃ and 130℃. There are fresh water and geothermal water in the varieties of water. The temperature of geothermal water cannot be determined independently, but it must be above 60°C to have use value.
Electromagnetic flow meter for hot water
Magnetic Water Flow Meter provide highly accurate flow measurement for a wide variety of conductive fluid applications. Magnetic Water Flow Meter is a volumetric flow meter that measures liquids or liquid slurries that have a minimum conductivity of 5 µS/cm.
Electromagnetic flowmeter is an ideal instrument for hot water flow measurement. Its significant advantages are as follows.
- The pressure loss is negligible. Because the inner diameter of the measuring pipe is the same as that of the pipe.
- From small to large caliber, the series is complete.
- The measurement accuracy is high, and the high accuracy can still be achieved when the flow rate is very low.
- The temperature grade can meet the needs. Among them, the temperature resistance rating of 120°C can meet the measurement needs of most objects. The temperature resistance rating of 180°C can meet the needs of measurement objects with fluid temperatures higher than 120°C.
- The pressure level can meet the measurement needs. In the electromagnetic flowmeter product sample, the pressure level of the finalized large-caliber electromagnetic flowmeter can only reach 0.6-1MPa. But it can be used as a special order to meet the requirements of objects with higher pressure.
- Corrosive series products. Geothermal hot water has different corrosive properties due to different production areas. For geothermal hot water containing chloride ions, electromagnetic flowmeters with PTFE lining and titanium electrodes have met the needs.
- Strong adaptability to the vibration of the pipeline and the environment.
- It can measure pulsating flow with low pulsating frequency.
Turbine Flow Meter for hot water
The turbine flow meter for hot water can measure soft water, soft water and RO water. These are the main water types best suited for turbine flow meters. The maximum hot water temperature of the turbine flowmeter is 150 degrees Celsius.
Turbine flowmeters are based on the principle of torque balance and belong to velocity flow meters. It is widely used in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, water supply, papermaking and other industries. It is an ideal instrument for flow measurement and energy saving.
- The function of the turbine flowmeter as a hot water flow meter:
- High accuracy. Generally up to ±1%R, ±0.5%R, high-precision type up to ±0.2%R;
- The repeatability is good, and the short-term repeatability can reach 0.05%~0.2%. It is because of the good repeatability, such as frequent calibration or online calibration can get extremely high accuracy. It is the preferred flowmeter in trade settlement;
- Output pulse frequency signal. Suitable for total measurement and connection with computer. No zero drift, strong anti-interference ability;
- High frequency signals (3-4kHz) can be obtained. Strong signal resolution;
- Wide range, medium and large diameters can reach 1:20, and small diameters are 1:10;
- The structure is compact and light. It is convenient to install and maintain, and has a large circulation capacity;
- Suitable for high-pressure measurement. No holes are required on the meter body, so it is easy to make a high-pressure meter;
- There are many types of sensors. Various types of sensors can be designed according to the special needs of users, such as low temperature type, two-way type, downhole type, sand mixing type, etc.;
- It can be made into a plug-in type, suitable for large-caliber measurement. The pressure loss is small, and the price is low.
Vortex Flow Meter for hot water
Use a vortex flowmeter to measure hot water. The pipe diameter of the boiler feed water is below 300mm, which is exactly the pipe diameter range of the full-tube vortex flowmeter.
Different from measuring steam, when measuring hot water, the installation of vortex flowmeter should ensure that the pipe is full and there is no air. The horizontal installation is suitable for the lowest point. When vertical installation, the hot water should flow from bottom to top. Inaccurate.
- Features of measuring hot water flow with vortex flowmeter:
- The temperature of the hot water is not very high, and the maximum temperature does not exceed 140 ℃;
- The cleanliness of hot water is relatively high, and the water does not contain solid matter;
- The water contains chloride ions, which is corrosive to ordinary steel. And as the water temperature rises, the corrosiveness increases;
- The maximum pressure of hot water used in the heating system is 1MPa. The pressure used for water is higher, about several megapascals;
- The pipe diameters vary. The pipe diameter of the boiler water supply pipe is 50~300mm. The pipe diameter of the heating system is quite different. The smallest pipe diameter is 20-40mm, and the largest pipe diameter can reach 1000mm.
- The flow range ratio is about 5:1~10:1.
Ultrasonic Flow Meter for hot water
The adaptability of ultrasonic flowmeter is incomparable to other types of testing instruments. It has been made into a basic type, high temperature type, explosion-proof type, and wet test type instrument panel with different sound channels to incorporate different substances, different places and different Pipeline standard flow measurement.
Ultrasonic flowmeters mainly have the following advantages in practical application:
- Ultrasonic flow meters are more convenient and faster to install and maintain in practice.
- The measuring pipe diameter of the ultrasonic flowmeter is relatively large.
- The measurement reliability of the ultrasonic flowmeter is high.
- The measurement of ultrasonic flowmeter will not be affected by fluid-related parameters
- It can be used as a clamp-on ultrasonic flowmeter, which is quick and easy to install and use.
- It can measure heat and flow at the same time.
Extended reading: Industrial VS Residential inline water flow meters
Hot water flow meter specifications
|Hot water flow meter||Pipe diameter range||Ambient temperature||Medium temperature||Reference accuracy|
|Magnetic flow meter||DN15~DN3000||-25ºC~+60ºC||-25℃~+150℃||±1.0%|
|Turbine flow meter||DN4~DN200||-10~+55℃|| (-196～80)℃|
|Vortex flow meter|| DN15~DN300|
|-35℃～+60℃|| Piezoelectric type :-40~150,-40~260,-40~330℃;|
Projected Capacitive:-40~400℃ (Consulting supply)
|Ultrasonic flow meter||DN15~DN6000||-20ºC~+60ºC||-40℃～+160℃|| ±1% |
Hot water flow meter with pulse output
Commonly used flow meters have three forms: current output, voltage output, and pulse output.
Among them, the current output and the voltage output signal of the instrument are in line with the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standard. There is currently no standard for the pulse output signal of the instrument.
The flowmeter with pulse output, its output is a pulse signal proportional to the flow rate. Compared with the analog signal of voltage and current, the pulse signal is convenient for remote transmission without reducing the accuracy, and there is no zero drift. It is easy to connect with the computer, easy to carry out cumulative display, and has a strong anti-interference ability.
Water flow meter types
There are many types of flow meters for measuring water.
Common ones are V cone flowmeter, electromagnetic flowmeter, metal rotor flowmeter, vortex flowmeter, liquid turbine flowmeter, ultrasonic open channel flowmeter, ultrasonic flowmeter, etc.
At present, electromagnetic flowmeters and turbine/vortex can solve most of the working conditions.
Featured digital water flow meter
Hot water flow meter price
Sino-Inst offers over 30 water flow meter products. About 50% of these are differential pressure flow meters. 40% are water meters (like the Insertion Turbine Flow Meter), and 40% are water treatment (like the Annubar flow meter ).
A wide variety of water flow meter options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of water flow meters, located in China.
The top supplying country is China (Mainland), which supply 100% of the water flow meter respectively.
You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers, with ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
Request a Quote