Hot Water Flow Meters Improve Heating-Boiler System
Hot water flow meters refer to flow meters that can measure and indicate the flow of high temperature water. Hot water is widely used in industry and civil use. Such as heating systems, baths, boilers, industrial indirect heating, heat transfer, etc. There are many types of water flow meters. Some of the most common types include electromagnetic flow meters, turbine flow meters, and vortex flow meters. These meter types have unique features that distinguish them from each other. According to the function of the hot water flow transmitter and the user’s budget. You can choose a suitable flow meter to monitor the hot water pipeline.
Features of Hot Water Flow Measurement
What are the characteristics of hot water flow measurement? Let’s take a look.
- The temperature of the measured fluid is not very high. When the flow meter is installed at the entrance of the heat exchanger body. The temperature of the fluid is generally not higher than 140°C. When the liquid outlet of the heat exchanger is installed, the flow temperature is lower.
- The measured fluid pressure is not very good either. In order to send hot water to the highest floor in the building heating system, the pressure is sometimes higher. In the ground heating system, the highest pressure is 1MPa.
- The pipe diameters vary in size. The smallest user, the pipe diameter is only DN20~DN40. The large-diameter flowmeter sometimes reaches about 1m.
- Better cleanliness. Hot water is not as clean as tap water. The solid matter in the single water and its viscosity will not have a big impact on the general flowmeter.
- Corrosive. Fresh water does not corrode the flowmeter. However, geothermal water has a certain degree of corrosion. Because it contains chloride ions and so on. Ordinary stainless steel materials are corroded, and the higher the fluid temperature, the more severe the corrosion.
- The requirement for scope is not high. The pumps used in power plants (stations) to deliver hot water are generally combined in size. When the hot water supply is at its maximum, usually several large pumps are opened. When the heat supply is the smallest, generally only a small pump is turned on. The ratio of the maximum flow rate to the minimum flow rate is about 5~10. A flow meter for heat measurement of a single user. In the heating season, the flow measurement range of up to 10 can meet the demand. After the hot water valve is turned off, the market value of the flow should be 0.
Extended Reading: Insertion Flowmeter Types
Hot Water Flow Meter Types
Hot water is the most widely used heat carrier liquid. Due to the difference in use and design, the water supply temperature is commonly used in several grades such as 60℃, 90℃, and 130℃. There are fresh water and geothermal water in the varieties of water. The temperature of geothermal water cannot be determined independently, but it must be above 60°C to have use-value. Flow Meter Selection Guide 101: Find the Perfect Fit for Your Application
Extended Reading: Chilled Water Flow Meter
Hot Water Flow Meter Specifications
|Hot water flow meter||Pipe diameter range||Ambient temperature||Medium temperature||Reference accuracy|
|Magnetic flow meter||DN15~DN3000||-25ºC~+60ºC||-25℃~+150℃||±1.0%|
|Turbine flow meter||DN4~DN200||-10~+55℃|| (-196～80)℃|
|Vortex flow meter|| DN15~DN300|
|-35℃～+60℃|| Piezoelectric type :-40~150,-40~260,-40~330℃;|
Projected Capacitive:-40~400℃ (Consulting supply)
|Ultrasonic flow meter||DN15~DN6000||-20ºC~+60ºC||-40℃～+160℃|| ±1% |
Extended reading: Quantitative control with turbine flowmeter
Hot Water Flow Meter with Pulse Output
Commonly used flow meters have three forms: current output, voltage output, and pulse output.
Among them, the current output and the voltage output signal of the instrument are in line with the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standard. There is currently no standard for the pulse output signal of the instrument.
The flowmeter with pulse output, its output is a pulse signal proportional to the flow rate. Compared with the analog signal of voltage and current, the pulse signal is convenient for remote transmission without reducing the accuracy, and there is no zero drift. It is easy to connect with the computer, easy to carry out cumulative display and has a strong anti-interference ability.
Extended reading: Ultrasonic Water Meter for Residential Water
Water Flow Meter Types
There are many types of flow meters for measuring water.
Common ones are V cone flowmeter, electromagnetic flowmeter, metal rotor flowmeter, vortex flowmeter, liquid turbine flowmeter, ultrasonic open channel flowmeter, ultrasonic flowmeter, etc.
At present, electromagnetic flowmeters and turbine/vortex can solve most of the working conditions.
Featured Digital Water Flow Meter
Extended Reading: Inline Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Hot Water Flow Meter Price
Sino-Inst offers over 30 water flow meter products. About 50% of these are differential pressure flow meters. 40% are water meters (like the Insertion Turbine Flow Meter), and 40% are water treatment (like the Annubar flow meter ).
A wide variety of water flow meter options are available to you, such as free samples, paid samples.
Sino-Inst is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of water flow meters, located in China.
The top supplying country is China (Mainland), which supply 100% of the water flow meter respectively.
You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers, with ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
Wu Peng, born in 1980, is a highly respected and accomplished male engineer with extensive experience in the field of automation. With over 20 years of industry experience, Wu has made significant contributions to both academia and engineering projects.
Throughout his career, Wu Peng has participated in numerous national and international engineering projects. Some of his most notable projects include the development of an intelligent control system for oil refineries, the design of a cutting-edge distributed control system for petrochemical plants, and the optimization of control algorithms for natural gas pipelines.