Tank Level Indicator is important for liquid level monitoring of industrial storage tanks. Magnetostrictive Tank Level Indicator is suitable for corrosive liquids. PVDF/ PPH/ PTFE/ PFA/ PP are optional.
Tank Level Indicator is based on the basic model of magnetostrictive level sensor, using corrosion-resistant materials. The shell structural parts are all made of anticorrosive materials such as PVDF/PPH. It is widely used in the media conditions of strong acid and alkali such as petrochemical industry and new energy. For fuel oil tank, explosion proof is optional.
Sino-Inst offers a variety of Magnetostrictive Tank Level Indicators for industrial level measurement. If you have any questions, please contact our sales engineers.
Featured Tank Level Indicators
Features of Magnetostrictive Tank Level Indicator
- The shell is made of Teflon (Teflon) and other materials, resistant to strong acids and bases. Suitable for super corrosive environment.
- The effective stroke is 0～20000mm, and the range can be customized.
- There are voltage, current, analog/485 digital/can bus, and various signal output options.
- Built-in imported waveguide wire as the measuring unit. After DSP digital signal processing. High precision, no temperature drift, no contact. Life span up to 20 years;
- Strong adaptability to temperature environment; the pole can withstand high temperature 300C°.
- Pressure resistance and corrosion resistance, float pressure 1.5MPa. It can be applied to most corrosive liquid level measurement applications such as strong acids and bases.
- Protection grade IP68
- Strong anti-interference ability
- High precision
- Low power consumption and high cost performance;
- Easy to disassemble and install;
- Non-contact measurement, high stability.
- The absolute value displacement measurement is not affected by power failure;
- Can replace LVDT, electronic ruler, encoder and other displacement sensors.
Specifications of Magnetostrictive Tank Level Indicator
|Range (mm)||50～2000mm or customized according to customer needs|
|Power supply voltage:||+11VDC~+36VDC|
|Output form/working voltage:||Analog signal: 4~20mADC, 0~5VDC, 1~5VDC, 0~10VDC (+15VDC~+36VDC) Digital signal: RS485|
|Load capacity:||Voltage signal output load ≥1KΩ. Current signal output load ≤1KΩ|
|Non-linear error:||±0.05%FS; maximum error 100μm below 200mm|
|Repeatability error:||better than 0.005%FS|
|Resolution:||better than 0.005%FS|
|Hysteresis:||better than 0.002%FS|
|Working temperature:||0~+70℃ -15~+60℃ -25~+70℃ -40~+85℃|
|Rod material:||0Cr18Ni9 (304) 316 stainless steel (special customization)|
|Electronic enclosure shell material:||0Cr18Ni9 (304) 316 stainless steel (special customization)|
|Lead way:||PVC shielded cable. Default length: 1m, also available according to user requirements. Aviation plug (not applicable to explosion-proof products) terminal|
|Enclosure protection level:||IP68|
Tank level indicator float type
Float level sensor (float switch) is one type continuous level sensor for industrial level measurement. Float level sensor has a magnetic float that rises and falls as liquid level changes. The movement of the float creates a magnetic field. Through the magnetic coupling effect, the internal resistance of the sensor changes linearly. The resistance change is converted into a standard current signal of 4 ~ 20mA by an intelligent converter. The percentage of the liquid level, 4 ~ 20mA current and liquid level value, can be displayed on site. Applications like: water tank, fuel tank, level measurement and level control. Vertical, horizontal, and side mounted, all can be satisfied
Extended reading: Industrial Tank level indicators and Tank Level Gauges.
Large water tank level indicator
The water level sensor of your water tank is an essential component. If not repaired or replaced, a sensor can become damaged over time and fail entirely. Too much water can cause a malfunction and too little water means inadequate water pressure. Either way, repairing or replacing holding tanks is an expensive task you shouldn’t have to undertake because of sub-par sensors.
With Sino-Inst’s water tank level sensors, there’s nothing to break down or rust and our models have a 99% success rate!
In the high unlikely event that you experience any issues with your product, call us and we’ll replace or repair it immediately at no charge.
About Level Sensor Types and how they work, OMEGA Engineering has a good explanation. Video source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHxEXlIHSHY&feature=emb_logo
Propane tank level indicator
Propane, three-carbon alkane, chemical formula is C3H8, structural formula is CH3CH2CH3. Colorless, liquefied gas is slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethanol and ether Mixed with air to form explosive mixture. Exist in natural gas and petroleum pyrolysis gas. The chemical properties are stable, and chemical reactions are not easy to occur. Used as refrigerant, internal combustion engine fuel or organic synthetic raw materials.
A propane gauge shouldn’t be hard to pick, and it shouldn’t cost a lot of money. We know that, so we’re going to show you how to pick the best propane tank gauges.
See if there is stirring in the tank. If there is a mixer, then add a measuring tube on the side of the tank. Generally, the magnetic flap level gauge, float level gauge or magnetostrictive level gauge are commonly used.
It also depends on your working conditions, such as temperature and pressure to measure the density of the medium, and whether your spherical tank is supported.
The external measuring liquid level gauge is also called an externally attached ultrasonic liquid level gauge. Its working principle is ultrasonic echo ranging. That is, the ultrasonic wave is transmitted through the tank wall in the liquid medium and returned to the liquid level to be received by the sensor. Through its time difference To calculate the liquid level height, on-site OLED display.
At the same time realize the remote transmission of the monitoring liquid level and realize automatic control. Also suitable for liquid level measurement of liquefied gas, propylene, propane, ethane spherical tank.
You may like:
What is magnetostrictive level transmitter?
Magnetostriction means that the change of the magnetization direction in ferromagnetic substance will cause the change of the medium lattice spacing. As a result, the length and volume of the ferromagnetic substance change.
Magnetostrictive level transmitter is a level transmitter based on the principle of magnetostriction. It is a high-precision, high-resolution transmitter driven by a magnetic float.
How does a magnetostrictive sensor work?
1. When the sensor of the magnetostrictive level transmitter works, the circuit part of the sensor will excite a pulse current on the waveguide wire.
2. When this current propagates along the waveguide wire, a pulsed current magnetic field is generated around the waveguide wire.
3. There is a float outside the sensor rod of the magnetostrictive liquid level gauge. This float can move up and down along the rod with the change of liquid level.
4. Inside the float there is a set of permanent magnetic rings. When the pulsed current magnetic field and the magnetic ring magnetic field generated by the float want to meet. The magnetic field around the float changes so that the waveguide wire made of magnetostrictive material generates a torsional wave pulse at the position of the float.
5. This pulse is transmitted back along the waveguide wire at a fixed speed and detected by the detection mechanism.
6. The position of the float, that is, the position of the liquid surface can be accurately determined by measuring the time difference between the pulse current and the torsional wave.
What is flow and level sensor?
1. Flow sensor is a kind of detection instrument used to detect the flow parameters of liquid, gas and other media and convert it to other forms of signals for output. The flow sensor has many advantages such as small size, light weight, intuitive and clear reading, high reliability, and no pressure loss.
1. Level sensor is a sensor that can replace manual measurement. The liquid level sensor can convert the height of the liquid level into an electrical signal for output, so as to achieve the purpose of controlling the liquid level.
Read more about: Ultrasonic Tank Level Sensors for Tank Level Monitoring
Sino-Inst offers over 10 Tank Level Indicators for level measurement.
Sino-Instrument is a globally recognized supplier and manufacturer of level measurement instrumentation, located in China.
Tank Level Indicator products are most popular in North America, Domestic Market, and South America. You can ensure product safety by selecting from certified suppliers, with ISO9001, and ISO14001 certification.
Request a Quote
Wu Peng, born in 1980, is a highly respected and accomplished male engineer with extensive experience in the field of automation. With over 20 years of industry experience, Wu has made significant contributions to both academia and engineering projects.
Throughout his career, Wu Peng has participated in numerous national and international engineering projects. Some of his most notable projects include the development of an intelligent control system for oil refineries, the design of a cutting-edge distributed control system for petrochemical plants, and the optimization of control algorithms for natural gas pipelines.